I have a Squier Strat that i bought a few months ago and its not getting any use.

I have my Gibson and Jackson for metal.

I want the squier for punk. Stuff like strungout and anti-flag

Since its a squier, i know the electronics arnt the best. Is there some prewired pickguard i could buy and just screw it on?

The tuners seem fine on it, so does the bridge. Ive played tons of other squiers where those sucked, but this is the anniversary edition, so they could have upgraded the stuff. Anything else i should look into upgrading?

Also, is there anyway to remove the Squier name from the headstock?
To remove the squier logo just sand it off and refinish it. Look into replacing the neck, warmoth has a bunch made just for strats.
Upgrade the electronics, mos' def'. As for the pick-up, I'd reccomend, if you have the cash, a Gibson Dirty Fingers pup. It's so high output, it's abnoxious at times and it'll really help the Squire. As for the pickguard, you're probably SOL. If you wanna make it simple, just put a humbucker in the bridge and get a concentric pot to wire for your tone and volume. And for the headstock logo, you can probably sand that off.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
to remove the logo, just sand it off. there's a coat of laquer protecting that logo. which means after you get the logo off, you need to spray on a coat of laquer again.

as for the pre-wired pickup, i forgot the name of the site, but they sell some for cheap, don't know about the quality though.

but if you ask me, your best bet is just to get new pickups or a different amp for the sound your looking for.
maybe just a new guitar? i mean, if u really want to fix it up bad definitly fix electronics and the pickups. ive played one before and wasnt at all interested. but if u really love it just fix it up with new strings, pickups, electronics... yeah, a lot of work for a squier. i'd just go out and get a fender or something. i have a fender strat jimmie vaughn sig and its great, love it. fender's last, squiers don't. (well at least for me) good luck!

-Panda
it takes randomness to be <i> cool <i>, kind of like tourettes on speed

Cartman - Whatever, whatever, I do what I want!!

Fender Strat Jimmie Vaughn Tex Mex
Peavey 112 EFX Amp
Drumset
Quote by TheFluffy
Can i just wire the pickup right in, or are the wires and pots crap as well?

just wire whatever you have to that was connected to the pick up. you'll have to re-wire everything if you plan on getting new pots and such. but as for the pick up, i think it's only connected to a certain number of pots. just desolder, and solder back on what you need.

EDIT: oh and as for what kind of pick up, high output dimarzios or duncans do good. and the gibson dirty fingers.
why not just use the gibson and jackson. Anti-flag uses a gibson and an esp ec with emg pickups.
Quote by IKilledMarilyn
why not just use the gibson and jackson. Anti-flag uses a gibson and an esp ec with emg pickups.

ja, the gibson or the ESP would do good