for whom the bell tolls
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Basically all of them are easy, it's just they're all so long. Try Master of Puppets, Enter Sandman and King Nothing. The only semi-hard ones are from the Cliff era pretty much.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanentmarker
for whom the bell tolls

beat me to it

"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Well how long have you been playing?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
ok master of puppets and ride the lightening are not easy songs for beginners.

for the easiest stuff, try nothing else matters, for whom the bell tolls, jump in the fire, and the unforgiven

mildly harder songs are enter sandman, fade to black, welcome home, motorbreath, don't tread on me, and escape

moderately challending songs (imo) are pretty much everything else on kill em all (cept for anesthesia), creeping death (give your fingers a good warmup before trying to tackle this one), damage inc, eye of the beholder, and my friend of misery.
Quote by FunkMaster

you know you're a bassist when your GF loves you for your fingering technique
I would take a look at something like For Whom The Bell Tolls, or maybe like Nothing Else Matters. Most Metallica stuff isn't hard after the Cliff Burton era. Even most of Cliff's stuff is only hard cuz its fast, and he does a lot of octave "jumping". But IMO For Whom The Bell Tolls is a good 1 to learn. It was the first song I ever learned on bass. It's simple and a great song.
Orion and the Call of Ktulu. I'm kidding. Really, they're all pretty easy, it's just kind of hard to follow along with.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
enter sandman; might take half hour to learn if u havent heard that song yet then try king nothing
They're not really beginner songs are can be tricky to keep up with, not always because of the fingering but, as said, because of the rhythm. And a lot of songs use the "gallop" style which can be tricky to get if you've not been playing long..

good luck though.

(i hope you know your scales, though - i'll be might annoyed if you dont !)
devils dance is easy. and kinda fun to play on the tuba. . . . (not like anyone would know)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
devils dance is easy. and kinda fun to play on the tuba. . . . (not like anyone would know)

Or Euphomium

+1 if you KNOW what that is.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
lol, i know what that is
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Creeping Death was pretty easy for me. but i have been playing for a long time so... if your just starting out i would suggest For Whom The Bell Tolls. that was the very first song i ever lerned. after a while you might want to give "Crash Course In Brain Surgery"a try. really fun song to play and it's not that hard. for me anyway.
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory