I have A Fender '72 Tele Deluxe that I bought about a month and a half ago. When I have it plugged in to my amp there is a buzzing noise emenating out of my amp, but as soon as I touch any bit of metal (with the exception of all but one pickguard screw) the buzz stops. Is this some thing wrong with my amp or the shielding of my guitar?

If it makes a difference the guitar is an alder body, double humbucker with a hardtail, 2 volume, 2 tone and a three-way selector.

The amp is an old Fender M-80 1X12 combo, 300 Watts of solid-state terribleness (Is that a word?).

Thanks for any help you can provide.
A lot of rigs have this. I'm not sure what it is, but a noise gate takes care of the problem.
It's just normal single-coil buzz. I had the same problem with my P-bass, and the guitar tech said it was normal.

Edit: Err, make that humbucker. Did you check to see if everything is grounded properly?
Oh crap!
its inside the guitar i have a 61' telecaster from my grandpas collection and it does that all the time what i have learned is dont move or wiggle or put any pressure on the cord going inside the guitar because it only makes the noise worse
my gear

*fender fat strat and tele
*gibson les paul deluxe
*ovation tagent

*peavey classic chorus with 2 celestion red rockets
w/ an old 60's gibson column

*digitech df-7
*yamaha magicstomp
Did you read pant weasel that it has duel humbuckers?

I'd check the wiring and see if the black wires are all well connected.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by pant weasel
Edit: Err, make that humbucker.

Isn't that what humbuckers are supposed to stop?
Ok... is there anything I can do about this? (besides buying a noise gate, I don't have alot of money [and won't for quite a while but thats a different story...])
noise gate wont really solve this problem. first i would check to see if your ground wire is still connected. so check to see if there is a black wire going from your volume pot to inside your guitar, give it a bit of a tug (not too hard) to see if its still connected
Hey! Hold up. There's a lot of things that cause ground buzz.

First determine if it is your amp or your guitar. Easiest way. Bring your guitar and amp into a shop that has several amps on hand. Tell them your problem and that you'd like to check it out.

Plug your guitar into an amp you know is grounded correctly. If it still buzzes, then it's the guitar. If not it's probably your amp.

Next, plug a guitar that you know is quiet into the amp. If it makes noise, then it's the amp. If not, then it's something else.

If you are lifting the ground with an adapter to make a 3 prong plug fit into a 2 prong outlet, there's your problem.

If it is wiring, then take it in and get it fixed unless you're skilled with a soldering iron.