Im getting rllly frustrated by this...OKi.

Im getting new guitar soon, for my birthday, Im a newb at buyign guitars, Ive posted a couple of topics and I stil lcant decide much lol but I rounded it up kinda.

Should I get the Epiphone Studio Dot or Epiphone Dot?

Studio is cheaper I think and I prefer getting it in white which the Dot doesnt have but Im so CONFUZZLED! Studio or Dot? Studio or DOT????

I want a couple of opinions k!!
Quote by gwitersnamps
Play them and decide. Don't ask other people what guitar you are going to buy.

Edit: ^Better Advise^ lol
Last edited by Spade1 at Aug 3, 2006,
lol, I ask other ppl because I dont have the chance to play them...till I probably get my decided guitar so I want some heads up first!
well ive played both of them. my rhythm guitarist owns a Dot.

the dot is like the Gibson ES. Hollowbody, two humbuckers, all that jazz.

The Studio is a little less expensive, same humbuckers, but thinner than the Dot. The Studo also has no fret markers on the top. Might be a little bad for beginners, but nonetheless-very sexy.

Personally i prefer the Studio. but you gotta try em out.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by Tomamo5
lol, I ask other ppl because I dont have the chance to play them...till I probably get my decided guitar so I want some heads up first!

Never a good idea to go off the ideas of others, but I mean there is a price difference for a reason, with the studio there are no fret markers so this could throw you off a bit if you are used to looking at the fretboard for where you need to nput your hands.

The studio has a flat finish a.k.a not as shiny. There is a master tone and master volume, when with the regular dot you get a tone and volume knob for each pickup. It's all personal preference, I wouldn't recommend either guitars for buying without trying because I've played bad and good versions of both guitars.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Bah, I can always draw on some markers or use some stickers on the side where nobody can see
i would go with the dot. both are sexy, and pretty good guirtars overall. the dot is a bit "better" -per say- than the studio. it is basically more cosmetically appealing, and leaves you a few more options as for finding your tone. also, if you are looking into affordable hollow-bodies, look at the ibanes artcore series. those are some nice axes on the upper end of the spectrum (probably around the same price as your epis).
If I was to get a Studio, I would paint a stripe down the middle...and...err, paint on some fret markers on the side where nobody can see :P
Play them yourself, make your own mind up.
But the Studios look stupid, get a Dot.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Play them yourself, make your own mind up.
But the Studios look stupid, get a Dot.

Yep