I currently have a Crate BV120H. Im not playing as much metal as i want to so i want to get something that is aimed more at cleans.. AWESOME cleans but be versatile enough where i can play some rock.. as in A perfect circle or Led zeppelin.. I have a DistortionPro Fulltone pedal and a Boss MD-2. So im not worrying too much about how the dist will sound with either, as im sure this pedal will handle it.. So im looking to play some reggae/sublime all the way to red hot chili peppers all the way to classic rock. So someone please tell me what the hell i need! my price range is about 1100. I dont want to go higher than that. Thank you in advance!!
Both the DSL and the Fender have respectable, yet different cleans. To be honest, the marshalls are much warmer and rounder than the fender.

You're probably better off with the fender, however I'd still reccomend marshall because it is an all around better amplifier.
between those two, I'd go with with the Fender with no second thoughts. Great amp, the DSL is a pretty ****ty half-stack.
^lol, He is talking about the combos.

Secondly, I beg to differ the DSL kicks the **** out of a TSL, which sounds like overcompressed garbage. And its probably one of the most underrated heads on UG.
So i guess the fender? If there are any cheaper amps out there that match up with the quality of these then feel free to let me know!! IM always down with saving money
If the deluxe reverb isn't too small for you I'd get that. Twins are nice but crazy loud and heavy as hell. The deluxe is a very loud 22 watts with plenty of headroom, and much easier to carry. Oh, and it's cheaper. You could also look into a Traynor YCV50 Blue, it's kind of in between the fender and the marshall.
Quote by Roc8995
If the deluxe reverb isn't too small for you I'd get that. Twins are nice but crazy loud and heavy as hell. The deluxe is a very loud 22 watts with plenty of headroom, and much easier to carry. Oh, and it's cheaper. You could also look into a Traynor YCV50 Blue, it's kind of in between the fender and the marshall.

Very good advice, forgot about traynor.

They're completely different amps, not comparable.

The Twin is a lovely clean loud valve amp with lots of headroom and great reverb, great for vintage sounding stuff, no distortion.
The DSL is a modernish rock amp, with not brilliant cleans and good distortion.

Try a load of amps out, see what you think, I'd recommend a Deluxe Reverb or one of the Hot Rod series.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
the cleans are more of a crunch on the DSL. really both cleans are very dependent on the listener.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by fafinaf
So i guess the fender? If there are any cheaper amps out there that match up with the quality of these then feel free to let me know!! IM always down with saving money

As a matter of fact there is. Look at the Carvin MTS3212 combo. make sure you swap out the tubes for EL34's or E34L's, though to really get the Marshall crunch.
You'll be losing a little of the shimmer on the clean channel by doing this, but it pays off with the dirty channel. The 5881's are a cleaner tube with the 12ax7 preamp tubes.
The MTS series has a fantastic clean channel and a high gain Marshall type channel. Its actually more hot rod sounding than an actual Marshall IMO.
I had the MTS3200 head for a couple of years.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
^lol, He is talking about the combos.

Secondly, I beg to differ the DSL kicks the **** out of a TSL, which sounds like overcompressed garbage. And its probably one of the most underrated heads on UG.

aye, i was surprised how decent the dsl head sounded. I still wouldn't buy one, but as you say, it's the best (modern-production, and excluding reissues) amp marshall make, by quite a large margin.

that being said, he may want to look into some traynors too. (i see someone has already mentioned this, d'oh!)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
like i said im really not to worried about the stock distortion channel on these amps as i have a couple of distortion pedals. I want crunchy cleans funk/reggae/rock
^ aye, but if you get a (tube) amp with good distortion, it'll sound better than any pedal (unless you have some kind of $500 pedal, and even then...)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what kind of sound would a ibanez tubescreamer or w/e give me? i mean like what rock group? or person.. i heard that would do the trick. i played it today and i really loved it!!
^ on its own (i.e. over an amp's clean channel), you'd be talkin nothing heavier than classic rock. In combination with an amp's overdrive channel (i.e. boosting the distortion that's already there) it really depends on the amp. Lots of metallers use tubescreamers as boosts for high gain amps.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?