both of the heads im looking at are 50 watts, jcm2000 and jcm900

what are some pros and cons of them?

I have an epiphone elite les paul, and I'd mainly be playing bluesy stuffs to heavy rock music

Thanks!
Minsoo s.w.

i heard the 2000 has reliability issues(it will break) and will overheat

900 has a lot of gain for hard rock, but not enough for metal
The TSL series has reliability and overheating problems. The DSL series does not. I'd get the JCM2000, as it's a lot more versatile than the 900, which won't do much bluesy stuff. The DSL will if you wind up the clean channel, and it has more gain at more reasonable volumes for your hard rock.
I have a TSL, no problems yet.

The previous owner had it for 3 years without a tube change too. No problems.(other then having a shot power tube and 2 more about to die)
jcm 200 DSLs are great. I find they do a really smooth distortion, higher gain and a lot smoother. The 900 is a little raunchier, more grit i find.

Id go for the 900, the grittier sound stands out a lot more and would sound great for blues stuff if you dial in the proper settings. THe 2000s are a lot more modern sounding,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
The JCM2000 is, IMO a more versatile version of the JCM900. They both sound similar, but the JCM900 is a little more raunchy and ballsy compared to the JCM2000. If you're not looking for tons of versatility, go for the 900. If you want something that'll give you blues to rock to hardcore and everything inbetween, go with the 2000.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
the jcm im looking at is 750 CDN, in black tolex like regular marshalls

the jcm2000 im looking at is 900 cdn, hopefully i can work something out though, and its in orange tolex. Looks kinda odd, but stil very sexy

is it worth spending more for the jcm2000, or should i use that extra money to get a nicer cab instead?
thanks!
Minsoo s.w.
A JCM900 with a good cab will do anything you want it too. My dad is in a heavier blues rock/classic hard rock band and my JCM900 fits it perfectly. The 2000 can sound too modern. Both have awesome cleans, but I prefer the 900's cleans. Check out the JCM900 Hi-Gain Dual Reverb...theyre awesome amps. And Im not being biased either!
DSL in orange tolex? get that.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
hmm.. many of the people im askin are suggesting the jcm900

what do you guys mean, iit can sound too "modern"?
Minsoo s.w.
i tmeans that its easier for the dsl too do modern rock and not classic rock. the 900 can do 90's, 80's rock better while the dsl can do more of todays music
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
JCM 900 can so do blues, just put it on clean channel and set the gain all the way up for a bluesy/ classic rock sound (on the dual revreb)
Quote by joel_grieve
DSL in orange tolex? get that.

Oh God. Orgasm.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
The JCM2000 DSL/TSLs are a little more modern and have more gain.
The JCM900s still have a lot of gain, but are more vintage sounding. I really want a 4100 Dual Reverb one of these. I like both but prefer the 900.
Here's a pic of it. Its NOT MINE

but the one im looking to get

so itd be worth the extra 150 bucks for the jcm2000?

i do play classic rock, but more heavier gain music.

or would the jcm900 and a nicer cab do a better job?

so just to get this clear; how heavey can the jcm900 get?
Minsoo s.w.
i get metal out of mine w/o an OD. It's not thrash metal, but yea. OH yea, i do it witha drop tuned Tele, just for kicks.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by llanafreak44
who wants to trade me their 100 awtt JCM 900 for my 50 watt jcm 900?

is 50w all tube not enough for u?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
hm and im seeing lots of jcm owners

anyone got some soundclips please?
Minsoo s.w.
do you guys think that the amp head will be my best bet for the money, or do you guys think i can do better?
Minsoo s.w.
personally i would take a JCM900 over a JCM200 anyday, especially an early JCM900 dual reverb
Quote by ssguitar
is 50w all tube not enough for u?

belive it or not, it isn't =OOOO

i need it at 7 just to hear it over the drums in my freinds garage
Last edited by llanafreak44 at Aug 4, 2006,
hey llanafreak44, can you easily get metallica-heavy on the jcm900?

you think its worth the 750 CDN? ITs got some minor cosmetic wears though

and you know the black grill thing, right. On the front of thehead? What's underneath that? I mean like, is there anythign between the circuitry and the cloth?
Minsoo s.w.
Quote by llanafreak44
belive it or not, it isn't =OOOO

i need it at 7 just to hear it over the drums in my freinds garage

Cuz youre playing it through a 2x12 combo.
Quote by minsoo

and you know the black grill thing, right. On the front of thehead? What's underneath that? I mean like, is there anythign between the circuitry and the cloth?

Yes about the Metallica thing.

Yes about the 750CDN

And its just wood and cloth...thats about it lol
Quote by minsoo

yeah man theres the metal casing but besides that its the tubes and alot of empty space.

Metallica is easy, all you have to do is drop the middles and turn up prescence, highs, and lows. Yeah man definatly worht it cosmetics is nothing dude wont change the sound one bit