Does the standard Ibanez 350DX come with a floating bridge or not? I love this guitar, and it would be perfect if it had a floating bridge. I've been looking aorund the net, some people say it does, others say it doesn't.

Can you clear this up for me?

Thankyou.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
it has a licensed floyd rose double-locking floating bridge. but not a good one, youre better off with a higher end RG
strat player forever.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
it has a licensed floyd rose double-locking floating bridge. but not a good one, youre better off with a higher end RG

I don't have the money for one.

I'm glad it has a floating bridge.

Quote by Smokey Amp
I don't have the money for one.

I'm glad it has a floating bridge.

Well, it is a crap bridge. It will most likely start to go downhill after a few months, and will not hold tuning at all. I wanted that guitar before, but researched and most people say the trem is poor, just like all low end RG's. I was thoroughly annoyed about it too, because it's such an awesome looking guitar. But if you want a good floyd equipped guitar in that price range, look into the ibanez S series guitars. They have way better bridges than the lower end RGs.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Well, it is a crap bridge. It will most likely start to go downhill after a few months, and will not hold tuning at all. I wanted that guitar before, but researched and most people say the trem is poor, just like all low end RG's. I was thoroughly annoyed about it too, because it's such an awesome looking guitar. But if you want a good floyd equipped guitar in that price range, look into the ibanez S series guitars. They have way better bridges than the lower end RGs.

Can I not just get a proper Floyd Rose fitted instead of the Edge III? Do you have any idea how much that would cost?

150$ plus prolly another 100$ installation.

Get a S470
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
150$ plus prolly another 100$ installation.

Get a S470

Hmm, I'm not really fond of it. How annoying is it that they don't put a ZR in the 350DX?

The 350DX is a brillaint base guitar for which I can make customisations when I have the available money. I really have my heart set on that guitar, I'm annoyed now.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Hmm, I'm not really fond of it. How annoying is it that they don't put a ZR in the 350DX?

The 350DX is a brillaint base guitar for which I can make customisations when I have the available money. I really have my heart set on that guitar, I'm annoyed now.

After a month and your guitar wont stay in tune and you dont have the money to get a new bridge you are going to regret it. Just save a little more and get a guitar with a good bridge.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Quote by Smokey Amp

In that case, get a used RG550 off of ebay.... Its got a thinner, better neck, and a MUCH better trem....
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
They cant actually put a ZR on RGs, thats coz of body scales and measurement. About the RG350DX, be extra careful of the older models, oldest model RG350 have Lo TRS-II trem, later on the RG350DX have Edge Pro II, and now it has Edge III. All those arent that great, sure it could survive up to 6 months or even years but there's no guarantee.

If you really thinking of getting it, when the trem starts to degrade and feels crap, replace it with an OFR or Gotoh LFR and plz do it urself, you dont want to pay for extra installation. Im thinking of buying this guitar too at 1st and still do, coz im poor, i dont mind changing the trem to a better one, its just that nowadays Ibanez doesnt have much choice like they do back in the 90s and they're sucking ppl to buy their RG1570 too much.

MY advice is to stay away and get 2nd hand RG5xx/RG7xx.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
If you really thinking of getting it, when the trem starts to degrade and feels crap, replace it with an OFR or Gotoh LFR and plz do it urself, you dont want to pay for extra installation. Im thinking of buying this guitar too at 1st and still do, coz im poor, i dont mind changing the trem to a better one, its just that nowadays Ibanez doesnt have much choice like they do back in the 90s and they're sucking ppl to buy their RG1570 too much.

I wouldn't know where to begin installing a Floyd Rose myself. But, I was thinking of buying the 350DX and getting a new bridge installed. Installation can't be that expensive. I wouldn't want to **** it up by doing it myself.

Also, your avatar makes me feel sick. It's from The Ring, right?

You could change the trem for an OFR/Edge/similar high quality trem, but you might need to do some routing to accomodate the new bridge, because I don't think it'll be a direct fit with the Edge III routing.

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
You could change the trem for an OFR/Edge/similar high quality trem, but you might need to do some routing to accomodate the new bridge, because I don't think it'll be a direct fit with the Edge III routing.

Wow, it;s alot of work for me just to have a nice guitar for once. Wouldn't the pro who was installing it for me also route it?

An OFR is a direct fit, the Edge, no, a Lo-Pro edge, you'd need to sand off the front part of the cavity.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Smokey Amp

OFR means ORIGINAL Floyd Rose, which is the actual floyd rose branded trem.

Liscenced floyd rose bridges tend to be of lower quality.

So if you search "Original Floyd Rose" on Ebay, you'll find some.

My Music
Dude just buy a 550 off of ebay.

It'll be cheaper than that piece of sh1t 350, and 1000x better.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I'd strongly suggest you go for a Gotoh LFR, coz its a lot cheaper and uses prime material, almost the same as the OFR. And plz assemble the new trem (if you have to) yourself, its easy and learn-able and wont rip off like $100 from your pocket.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by ClassicAxe
Dude just buy a 550 off of ebay.

It'll be cheaper than that piece of sh1t 350, and 1000x better.

The 550 seems barely any different fromt he 350 apart from the fact the 550 has a ZR trem.

Also, timi_hendrix...Original Floyd Rose trems are like £150...

550 doesnt have ZR, it has Ibanez Edge.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
550 doesnt have ZR, it has Ibanez Edge.

Oh, so what's the difference then?

Also, do you know of any guides for fitting Floyd Rose/other tremelo systems on the internet?

Quote by Smokey Amp
The 550 seems barely any different fromt he 350 apart from the fact the 550 has a ZR trem.

Also, timi_hendrix...Original Floyd Rose trems are like £150...

Okay, your just being ignorant now.

First of all, the 550 is much more quality built, the 350 is built in korea( ive heard numerous cases of how 350s falling apart ), the 550 has an EDGE bridge, BETTER PICKUPS, and an original WIZARD NECK.

AND , ABOVE ALL it will be cheaper, ESPECIALLY after you upgrade the trem on the 350.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Smokey Amp
Oh, so what's the difference then?

Also, do you know of any guides for fitting Floyd Rose/other tremelo systems on the internet?

The Edge is discontinued but its really really good and reliable. I'll take RG550 over RG350 anytime.

Guides for fitting floyd rose? its really simple, you just remove the strings and springs, remove the bridge and slide in a new one, restring and reattach the springs. Thats all.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by ClassicAxe
Okay, your just being ignorant now.

First of all, the 550 is much more quality built, the 350 is built in korea( ive heard numerous cases of how 350s falling apart ), the 550 has an EDGE bridge, BETTER PICKUPS, and an original WIZARD NECK.

AND , ABOVE ALL it will be cheaper, ESPECIALLY after you upgrade the trem on the 350.

I was going to change the pups in the 350 anyway. I'm not fond of Ibanez Infinity. Like I said earlier, the 350 is a nice base guitar. Plus, I like how it looks more than the 550.

Quote by madpickin03
The Edge is discontinued but its really really good and reliable. I'll take RG550 over RG350 anytime.

Guides for fitting floyd rose? its really simple, you just remove the strings and springs, remove the bridge and slide in a new one, restring and reattach the springs. Thats all.

What about action and intonation etc.? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't set it right...

Alright man, but now your gonna be set back about 300-400$ more than what youd pay for a good used 550, and still have a crappier lesser quality guitar than a 550.

If looks are more important to you, suit yourself.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Intonation, action or anything i'd be glad to help. But if you're too scared then go for a $100 professional.

Gotoh LFR + RG350DX + new pups + professional setup = USD 700+ which is more than the price of an RG1570. I would say that its worthless to get a pro setup and with that kinda cash, you could buy yourself an S520EX which is better or a brand new RG1570.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by ClassicAxe

Alright man, but now your gonna be set back about 300-400$ more than what youd pay for a good used 550, and still have a crappier lesser quality guitar than a 550.

If looks are more important to you, suit yourself.

Looks are important, to any guitarist. Sure, the tone and playability are my main focus, but, when there's such a fine difference like with 350 and the 500, then looks will be the way I make a decision.

Also, the RG1570 seems very nice. However, I don't like Ibanez pups, which means I would be changing them on the 1570, which would increase the price.

Well, I'm really tired, I need some sleep. I'll think about it more later.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Looks are important, to any guitarist. Sure, the tone and playability are my main focus, but, when there's such a fine difference like with 350 and the 500, then looks will be the way I make a decision.

Also, the RG1570 seems very nice. However, I don't like Ibanez pups, which means I would be changing them on the 1570, which would increase the price.

Well, I'm really tired, I need some sleep. I'll think about it more later.

I never said they werent !!!, I said, if looks are more important to you!

Dude, trust me, ITS NOT A FINE DIFFERENCE, ITS AHUGE DIFFERENCE.

Im done with you, go buy your 350, itd make me more than happy if you did. Im done arguing, go buy a 350, it will make my day. Dont come post when it falls apart on you.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by madpickin03
Intonation, action or anything i'd be glad to help. But if you're too scared then go for a $100 professional.

Gotoh LFR + RG350DX + new pups + professional setup = USD 700+ which is more than the price of an RG1570. I would say that its worthless to get a pro setup and with that kinda cash, you could buy yourself an S520EX which is better or a brand new RG1570.

Man that would be a pretty cool guitar though. And to have a custom RG350 that it would have its very own killer sound and not just going along and getting the 5XX series like everyone else.