I was blown away by these guys after I heard the 30 second clip of Watching Over Me on amazon.com. They're amazing. I just got finished downloading Something Wicked This Way Comes off the net and can't wait to pop it in my CD player. The one thing I immediatly noticed after I heard some of the songs is the guitar work. The solos are awesome and can't wait to learn some of them. So, what do you think of this band?
good band

tribute to the gods is cool, other albums are good too

theres probably already a thread on them though.
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
Quote by j1mi_h3ndrix
good band

tribute to the gods is cool, other albums are good too

theres probably already a thread on them though.

I think there was, but it's dead so I decided to make a new one.
American History metal!

I am talking about "The Glorious Burden," of course.

Yeah, I like Iced Earth. \m/
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
Personally, I like Horrow Show and everything before. After that album they got too "American History Metal" as you say and it annoyed me. Also check out Demons and Wizards, a side project from the Iced Earth's guitarist and the vocalist from Blind Guardian.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
I downloaded their cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name (Iron Maiden \m/) from tribute to the gods and it pretty awesome.

Good Band
yep very good band, one of my favorites, but if you knew a thread already existed on them why wouldnt you just resurect that one?
yea lol Dante's Inferno rocks...so does the song they did with Blind Guardian
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Quote by Andrew Zara
I was blown away by these guys after I heard the 30 second clip of Watching Over Me on amazon.com. They're amazing. I just got finished downloading Something Wicked This Way Comes off the net and can't wait to pop it in my CD player. The one thing I immediatly noticed after I heard some of the songs is the guitar work. The solos are awesome and can't wait to learn some of them. So, what do you think of this band?

It's funny... thats exactly how I felt. But this song basically opened my eyes to metal, and thorougly introduced me to the greatest bands/songs in the world. While most would say Metallica or Iron Maiden brought them into metal, Iced Earth did it for me. They're a perfect blend of thrash, power and gothic metal.
I really like their music... it's a nice mix of heavy metal with thrash. Good no-bull**** music with good lyrics and musicianship

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Easily one of my favorite bands.

Night of the Stormrider > anything I can think of at the moment
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases