I recently bought an Ibanez s470 with a ZR trem, and I was wondering how to get more range out of it. For example, I can't reach the high note at the end of Cemetery Gates by Pantera. Any remedy for this?
Dickless.
I would say tighten the springs on the saddle so the trem sits in toward the neck, but don't do that. It would give you more range but it would make the bridge lopsided and unparallel.
Is the last note a pinch/natural harmonic or a fretted note? I also have a ZR and i find it doesnt have that much pull up range, especially on the high E.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
It's in a different tuning?

Actually, it just ocurred to me that I hold back slightly so I don't break any strings, is it safe to just push it all the way down to get as high as possible?

Sorry, I'm new at the floating trem thing.

And yes, I believe it is pinched.
Dickless.
whats it mean if a trem is "floating"

also that trans lav Ibanez you have...is it really lavender or is it more of a blue? online pictures make it look blue.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
On my ZR I can pull all the way back, something I wouldn't try on a OFR or edge. I have .10s on my guitar.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I've heard that The ZRs don't have quite as much range as other floyd rose bridges, so that might be your problem.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
bend it and pull the bar up at the same time.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
What he's doing is making no sense to me because he isn't picking. I guess I've been doing it the noob way by picking the harmonic and then using the bar. What does he mean when he pulls off of the g string and "grabs" onto the harmonic?
he pulls off, which vibrates the string, just as if you picked it. then touches the string in the right palce, voila.
Wow I got it now, theres the answer to your problem metalmilitia.

Dime's technique is actually a lot better because it sustains the note twice as long as the way I do it.
Dive bomb, string rattles, put your finger over the harmonic, pull bar up hard. Vibrato on the bar if you want. Easy as pie.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by God Am
Dive bomb, string rattles, put your finger over the harmonic, pull bar up hard. Vibrato on the bar if you want. Easy as pie.

I get it now, thanks.
Dickless.