I was wondering, if I were to perform solos requiring 24 frets such as the solo from "Wet Sand," but I only have 22, what should I do; play an octive lower, swap it for another, or just not solo at all?
I probably just wouldn't play the solo unless you can bend to that note or just add a little creativity there.

So. Yeah. Just my opinion.

I had the same problem on my Ibanez when I was learning Master of Puppets back in the day. I would always just make something up when it got to the part where I needed those extra two frets, and it sounded fine.
Either bend it up a whole step or, depending on the string it's on, re-write that bit so it can be played on a higher string and therefore not need 24 frets.
oh, whoops i mis read your question. ok. just bend the notes, or go up a string so many frets untill its the same note for instace,
--------- could be played as ----18--
----23- ---------
-------- --------
-------- --------
-------- --------
-------- --------
ok, the post wouldnt work correctly but you get the idea, 23 second to thinnest string is the same note as 18 top string. if the notes go above 22 on the top string bend it.
you dont need to play solos note for note, do what sounds right to you, make it your own
maybe to a harmony lower or something to it?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by quinny1089
you dont need to play solos note for note, do what sounds right to you, make it your own

Thats what I was going to say or write a completely new one.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
improvise - anybody can learn a solo note-for-note with no feeling or creativity, but how many can make a solo their own?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
ok if you want to play it note for note i would say bend the hell out of it, either that or drop the solo an octave so that you don't require 24 frets..... but chances are it would lose the dynamics of the solo, stuff like that is generally based not only on music theory but movement, a lot of solos start out on middle E and work their way all the way up and it would lose a lot of it's effect if you just transcribed it to stay in middle E
Quote by quinny1089

WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.