ok. im at that point where i want to learn to solo.

can you guys give me some pointers?
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
learn the minor pentatonic scale. and start off with some easier ones like knocking on heavens door or dont cry by guns n roses. or californication,smells like teen spirit.stuff like that. but still always remember to challenge yourself.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

where can i find scales?
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
yea if u have powertabs then somewhere i think the artist is called lessons if you type that in the search look for scales and modes and learn them, if u dont got powertabs get it, it will help u immensly
Go search around local stores for a book with scales. Reading scales on paper will help you remember and understand them better. I have book that i bought not to long ago that explains alot and have over 250 different scales in it. It tells you how to use them when soloing, how to use them for improvisation and ****. Alot of the lessons online are incomplete but some on UG are good. There was one i looked at not to long ago that was really good, but youre gonna have to search for it.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Remember this

-Don't get lost in the song while soloing. Know where you're going, and what's going on behind it.

-Memorize the scale you'll be soloing on and memorize how the notes sound. So then, you can hear it in your head and then play it on your guitar. This also helps remove fear of improvising infront of people and screwing up. If you memorize the scale, you can always play notes that sound good.

-Use repetition. If you're going along in a solo and you come up with a GREAT lick. And you really like it, DO IT AGAIN! Repeat things. Or if you have this lick you know that'll fit in, but you don't what to do next, repeat the riff and think about something to do next.

-Listen to other improvised solos. If you play blues for instance, listen to a ton of great blues recordings and improvised blues solos. Transcribe them and memorize the licks. Later on you can change the licks which gives you your own sound. Be creative.

-Play chord tones (1, 3, 5, 7) when beginning or ending phrases. It gives the listener harmonic stability.

-Use rests. There's no need to be playing notes constantly. You've got to give the listener a break haha.

That's all I can tell you. Just practice improvising ALOT. AND THEN DO IT AGAIN THE NEXT DAY........and the next day......and the next...........day...........................
Quote by Rancid_Misfits
where can i find scales?

you sure u wanna start solo'ing?

Anywayz, im starting to learn the ac/dc solo's. THey are fairly simple, easy to follow and listen to. but they require a lot of bends, and I think its a good starting point. It developes more finger muscle's, and AC/DC is always a good place to start learning, even if you dont like them.

Some metallica solo's too. Such as the one in enter sandman, i think, The intro solo to sanitarium, and fade to black. But im still working on all of them too, so I am no expert.

Also dont make the mistake I did when I started learning. I didnt use my pinky. Make sure to use your pinky!