im getting some money for my b day soon id say ill have around 450 bucks, and my practice amp recently got busted, so i need a new cheap but good practive amp. and can anyone recommend some good effect pedals, im lookin into a wah, a delay, a distortion. but like i said im not splitting 450 bucks between the two im either spending it on one or the other, and does anyone know of an affordable wah, volume pedal?

EDIT: i guess it would help if you knew wut kina music i play, i play shred, metal, and classic rock pretty much
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Last edited by C.C. Deville at Aug 3, 2006,
behringer gmx212 - 50 watts, 2 speakers, 99 digital effects = $200

and actualy, for another $100 i think you can get it in head aand cab form, this is my practice amp btw,
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
wow ill have to look at it, sounds kinda to good to be true
if you have any other questions let me know, and some of the effects arent top notch, i would recommend you get a wah pedal if you want a good wah, for instance. but i use quite a few of them on occasion or for crafting solo's
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
60 watts I've got one the tone is bearable but some say they are buggy
mine has only needed minor repair hopefully upgrading soon not bad
for practice amp tho and the auto-wah and othe fx can be fun
please, do NOT get the behringer. i looked at it back when i was looking at a new amp. i found it to have a very dead tone. i would look into a used tube combo. perhaps for what you play, a peavey, maybe a valveking or a XXX. you could also look into the traynor tube combos, and maybe an overdrive to push it into higher gain territory
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
400$? vox valvetronix ad50vt. and it has some effects built in.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

oh, as far as the 212 goes, buy a ****in distortion pedal if you like distortion at all realy, im not at all satisfied with whats built in. i bought mine to save $ for another guitar, and i agree with the above, a used tube would suite you better if it has effects for you or you can afford some on the side.
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
yeah i was looking into the valvetronix amps as well, i was reading reviews on the 212 and it sounds like thiers a lot of probs with it like the clean channel being to low and the effects being hard to use, and it seemed like quite a few people had a prob witht he amp cutting in and out.
Quote by marvelboy_04
400$? vox valvetronix ad50vt. and it has some effects built in.

Agreed, or the AD100VT. I think those Vox's are the best modeling amps in that price range but for $400 you could get a decent tube combo and be better off, although you'd need to invest in some pedals or a multi in that case.

Damn C.C., I woulda thought that Poison reunion tour would be paying you enough to buy a more expensive amp!
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
lol... music business is cruel... i was actually thinkin bout goin with the ad30vt and then spend the rest on some other effects pedals
If you play metal and shred look into some Roland Cubes also, the Cube 60 goes for 345$ and is perfect for that. The vox is another good choice though but i heard it kinda struggles with some of the heavier stuff. But i could be wrong so whatever.
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
ill consider a cube, i also wanna get a distortion pedal, i was looking at the boss ds-1 and ds-2 and i was wondering which is better
I have a peavey classic 50 for sale for 450 and its about the best amp you will get for that price.
Quote by C.C. Deville
ill consider a cube, i also wanna get a distortion pedal, i was looking at the boss ds-1 and ds-2 and i was wondering which is better

there is no point in geting a cube, which already has some pretty good amp distortion models, and a distortion pedal......
i'd still recommend looking for a good used tube combo with an OD pedal. if you're going to get a cube or vox, i woudln't say it's a good idea to get a distortion pedal, with the built in distortions in both of those amps.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
ok im always definately goin with the valvetronix, now this might be a noobish question, but whats the difference between an overdrive and a distortion?
^But the Vox doesn't suit heavier styles, get the Cube, then there's no need for pedals except a wah. 2 birds with one stone.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
that 60 watt cube is a lil to steep for what i wanted to go, i dont wanna spend all 400 bucks on the amp, i looked at the 30 watt cube though, does the cube have good distortion on it? and can someone answer my question about the overdrive and distortion
pedals ain't gonna do you much good with a busted amp. You can hear some clips of the Vox at www.valvetronix.net. Maybe you can get as "heavy" as you need after all. I have an AD30VT and it gets as heavy as I want, but I don't play in drop-C, etc. Roland may have a similar site.
neither do i, i play in standard tuning most of the time, i just like some heavy distortion for some stuff, and what do you mean by busted amp?