ok im saving up $400 for a guitar with 24 frets and a floyd rose (or a copy) locking tremolo system. i narrowed it down to 5 guitars

three ibanezs rg350dx, rg350ex, and rg370dx

a schecter damien FR

and a ESP m200fm

i went to guitar center and they had none of these in stock, so i asked them to order me the schecter because of the looks and schecters rep. i heard ibanez wasnt that great so i went with the schecter.

WHICH ONE SHOULD I HAVE GOT?
Depends on your brand preference, playing style, etc.

I would've chosen the ESP. Sweet guitar.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Those are all pretty spooky guitars. I wouldn't buy one, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't. Basicall if you play and like it, anyone who tells you not to buy it is a jackass.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I would of said ESP...
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
depends on what kind of music you want to play.

unless this was your first guitar, i would have saved up to buy an even better guitar.
Quote by ufossuck
Those are all pretty spooky guitars. I wouldn't buy one, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't. Basicall if you play and like it, anyone who tells you not to buy it is a jackass.

There could be hardware issues.

For example, almost all guitars in that price range with Floyd Roses have extremely shitty Floyd Roses.

Just go for a hardtail, or shell out some more for a kickass OFR guitar.

For the former I'd recommend an RG321 and for the latter, a RG1570; but I'm a bit biased towards Ibanez

Who the fuck told you Ibanez didn't make good guitars?
well i play avenged 7x, mastodon, yngwie, children of bodom dragonforce, slipknot, anything metal or rock. if that helps
Quote by Vindication
There could be hardware issues.

For example, almost all guitars in that price range with Floyd Roses have extremely shitty Floyd Roses.

Just go for a hardtail, or shell out some more for a kickass OFR guitar.

For the former I'd recommend an RG321 and for the latter, a RG1570; but I'm a bit biased towards Ibanez

Who the fuck told you Ibanez didn't make good guitars?

I presume that the sales people would point out defects in the guitar. Well, unless you go to Tom Lee Music.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
The ESP is actually an LTD. Its made out of agathis, so thats a no. The RG350 and the RG370 both have Edge III's. They arent the greatest trem but they do what they're supposed to without screwing everything else up. The Schecter Damian FR is a good guitar. Note that the trem is a licensed so dont expect much out of it. Again, it does what it does without screwing everything else up.

Overall, I say you go for the Damian, the RG's pickups arent that great, you're better off with the EMG HZ's that come with the Damian.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by ufossuck
I presume that the sales people would point out defects in the guitar. Well, unless you go to Tom Lee Music.

Wait...are you implying that sales people have a degree of intelligence?

Heresy!

Most of the salesmen I know are pretty cool guys but they don't really point anything out to anybody...they just sell.

Licensed Floyd Rose trems blow...they don't hold tune well at all. You'll probably regret getting the guitar if it has a licensed FR...

Personally, I really dislike the low-end ESPs. Agathis wood, crappy pickups and a licensed FR do not make a good guitar.

EMG HZs are awful pickups as well...

In either case, you're going to want new pickups.
Quote by MEGALODON
well i play avenged 7x, mastodon, yngwie, children of bodom dragonforce, slipknot, anything metal or rock. if that helps

Sounds like you'll be doing a lot of downtuning...
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust