ive got a weird situation. my b-day was a little less than a month ago and i got a fender hot rod deluxe but i returned it because it was too loud for bedroom use and it just didnt have enough gain.(yes,yes i know,overdrive pedal. but all the money i had i was gonna spend on a new guitar so it would be a long time till i could get one.)
so i returned it to guitarcenter with the intention of getting a vox valvetronix ad100vt but they were out so i got a ad50vt with the promise from my dad that i could use the difference in the money on a new guitar. so far im pleased with the sound of my valvetronix even through my squier. so in a couple of days im going to guitarcenter to buy an epiphone les paul standard. but while talking to my dad today he asked me how much a real les paul is. so i tell him about 2000$ apparently he said he was wanting to do something nice and was wanting to get me a nicer guitar but upon hearing that ridiculous price he said he was hoping at the most it was gonna be like another 400$ so im going to guitarcenter and i was hoping i could maybe talk my dad into getting me a couple pedals or something because i dont want a guitar other than a les paul and i dont want to return this amp and i dont want to get a really nice guitar and play it through a cheap amp.(guitar commandment #1)
so what should i do?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

get some gibson pickups maybe? pedals, some strings, maybe a case. (the epi cases are rather nice)

EDIT: or you could look at epiphone elitists maybe...im not sure how pricey they are.

if the elitists are too much, check out customs and such.
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
Last edited by AmericanIdiot91 at Aug 3, 2006,
get an epi les paul black beauty
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
Quote by AmericanIdiot91
get some gibson pickups maybe? pedals, some strings, maybe a case. (the epi cases are rather nice)

yeah ill probably do something along those lines
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

The problem with Agiles is that, assuming you dont live in NJ, you have to buy without trying, and order online. At least in my case, my parents woudlnt let me order online bcuz they just dont trust it. Oh well.
^ to add to this, Agiles are also only available in the US. What I'd do is look into the Elitist series. How much is the guitar centre selling the Epiphone for? $400? If so you could probably afford an Elitist Studio, which is a FAR better guitar.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix