in the song, passage to the reaper , by children of bodom, roope uses an effect to sound like a violin anyone kno wht that effect is!?!?
Their guitars have midi ports. They connect them to midi processors and play and it can make you sound like any instrument.

That or they may actually have violins.

And remember there is a keyboard player, who likely has other instrument settings on his keyboard.
turning the volume knob back and fourth?..violining, i think its called..Yngwie malstreem uses it i think.
well alexi does know how to play violin, he started that before picking up the guitar, so not suprice if he really did use it in the song
Quote by CraigKing
turning the volume knob back and fourth?..violining, i think its called..Yngwie malstreem uses it i think.

exactly
Inquisitor of the zeppelinism church, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of UG's VIVA MEXICO CLUB

Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm a sweet transvestive from transexual Transylvania
ok, i saw the guy playing it, its a guitar, and hes not turnin the knob, i saw a video on youtube, so its an effect i kno that for sure, timmypage06 helped the most so far
I'm pretty sure the only effects Alexi Laiho uses are a Rocktron chorus pedal and a Dunlop 535Q wah pedal. Then he uses a Jackson Pre-Amp and his amps. He said he likes to keep it simple. So i bet its the keyboards or something like that.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
In the video Alexi Laiho did the other guitarist was playing the part that sounded like a violin.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.