topic.. im a guitarist.. and im thinking about playing bass..

soooo.. what do you guys/girls think? should i just stick to guitar.. or go out and start playing bass?
go with what YOU like to play, dont let other people decide thigns for you. If you buy a bass and dont want/like to play it, you will not get good...ever.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. Maybe you'll find your nitch. (sp)?
yeh im not at all sure, bass seems really fun to play for some reason.. and i dunno im geting out of playing guitar cause i dont know what to learn anymore cuz i have .. like a guitar ADD.. i cant stick at something .. ill start a song.. then b like oh **** this.. oill do this.. oh screw this too..

anyone own a bass here and know whether or not its really fun to play?
i totally agree with the guuy above me i have a guitar and i think i have guitar add but my uncle gave me this pretty decent ibanez bass and amp and i love playing bass now. to me its more fun than guitar probably cuz it seems so much easier.
Play both. When I get a decent guitar and amp, I'm going straight for a bass as well.
Just try both. See which is better then choose.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Play both. Getting better at one will make you better at the other.
I am Puddin' Taine! of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join!

Member #1 of the Ipods Suck Balls Club

Member #2 Of the Parker>All Other Brands Club, PM dementedpuppy to Join.
to the thread- maker i am having the same thoughts as u at the moment- and have decided i'm going to buy a basss starter pack, with bass, amp, etc. I may come back and play a bit of guitar but who knows? My main focus will no doubt be on bass
signature
appreciate it all.. and i guess yeh, learning bass too will also make me a better musician and probobly make me better at guitar and bass yeh it seems so much fun to play just cuz its soo.... bassy?? :P like bass from a rap song.. or something like that.. bass i guess theres not much limit to what u can play.. but guitar there is.
Play both. Whenever you can't play anything cool on one just swtich to the other.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Yeah go for both, you might find out you are great at bass. Also if you ever get kicked out of a band and all you can find is bands that need a bass player and you have to pay rent, you'll be glad you did.

I myself think bass would be kewl to play and have been kicking around the idea of getting a bass starter pack also.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
It can't hurt to learn both. It's pretty well established that it's much harder to find a good bassist then a good guitarist, so learning both can only help you get into a band if that's what you're after. Plus, like other people said, if you get bored on one, just switch to the other. That's what I do...I might not touch my guitar for a week and just play bass, then vice versa, or othertimes I'll go back and forth between the two all the time while I'm practicing.
all i have to say is, if you like rocking on stage, go with bass

its so much easier to run around/ go nuts with your bass because you dont have to keep chord shapes while your bass is flying everywhere, you just have keep that one finger rockin, just dont giver when your doing a bass solo or a hard lick
im a rhythm guitarrist but i also love bass, i often pick basslines on my guitar (yes it doesnt sound the same i know, but i enjoy it) as soon as i can afford a bass i will get one.
I Love Guitar, But I love The Bass Technique. I use Bass Techniques In my Guitaring.
Cm
I play both. It's better that way because you have the choice, and often there aren't enough bassists to go around so it's a useful instrument you play. At least have a go at it and if you find you don't like it then just stick to guitar.
play bass with your fingers instead of a pick you'll have a challenge there, try it with two fingers then more fingers if you want. playing bass will give your fingers more flexibility. I play bass most of the time but i can play guitar decently i guess

THE TREND IS DEAD!
Quote by fafinaf
You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. Maybe you'll find your nitch. (sp)?

^I believe that's "niche".
ha yea go with what u love i play both bass and guitar and eventho i like bass better that shouldn't change ur disicion
Quote by FromADyingFetus
play bass with your fingers instead of a pick you'll have a challenge there, try it with two fingers then more fingers if you want. playing bass will give your fingers more flexibility. I play bass most of the time but i can play guitar decently i guess

yea alot of ppl play bass like that...i like using a pic because i feel that finger picking kinda numbs the "true" sound of the bass(my opinion) ha but yea whatever
i play both and its definitly good to do both, if you get bored with one, go to the other, an vice versa. I think both are fun, and would recommend either