well im thinking of geting a new or my first fender strat standerd ( have a squier) anyways i like John Frusciante and i dont have or wount want to spend 600 bucks on a strat from the 60s so i wanted to know what pickups i could buy to change in the standerd and if you can give me amp settings thnks
Well John uses reverse phasing in most of the songs, so unless you want to do some work on your guitar it's going to be tough to replicate his sound.
Frusciante uses the stock pickups in his guitars just in reverse phasing,
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
If I found a strat from the 60's for 600, I would buy that without hesitation, provided it works. Those will run you about 1,600 at least ( Although I know a guy who bought a gibson SG from the 60's in perfect condition for $200 at a pawn shop...).

Anyway, its going to be hard, nay, impossible to replicate his sound exactly, you can get similiar tones if you have a good amp and a stratocaster, and some of his pedals.
Quote by TheforumTroll
If I found a strat from the 60's for 600, I would buy that without hesitation, provided it works. Those will run you about 1,600 at least ( Although I know a guy who bought a gibson SG from the 60's in perfect condition for $200 at a pawn shop...).

Anyway, its going to be hard, nay, impossible to replicate his sound exactly, you can get similiar tones if you have a good amp and a stratocaster, and some of his pedals.

You don't have to spend a ton on vintage strats... like the guy above implied, just tweaking the stock pickups is the best way to replicate it without blowing a wad of money on signature pedals.
Those pickups are just made the same as in the year they say on the packet so they would sound like an old strat. If thats what you want it to sound like then yes. I would go for them because they are great value for what you get in my opinion.

Alfie
Slightly misunderstood but I guess they will get close because most of his guitars are from that sort of year I think.

Alfie
Johns main strat is a '57 sunburst with stock pickups. although hes gone towards using more different guitars these days!
I get a good rhcp guitar sound with
Bass, Middle, Treble: 5
Drive: 3-5
Reverb: about 3-4
(not o'clock settings)
John has a late 50s and an early 60s Strat afaik.

The pickups are stock, which means they're completely different to any modern pickup. Most modern pups use Poly or Plain Enamel wire, wheras these vintage ones used Formvar wire, which gives them a smoother scoopier tone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Sorry for the dead thread revive but what's reverse phasing?

Quote by MrCarrot
John has a late 50s and an early 60s Strat afaik.

The pickups are stock, which means they're completely different to any modern pickup. Most modern pups use Poly or Plain Enamel wire, wheras these vintage ones used Formvar wire, which gives them a smoother scoopier tone.

I can vouch for that. One of his strats is definately a 62.