Page 1 of 2
yeah...so basically, a good guitar for 400$ that they have at guitar center/ sam ash. no rondomusic or musiciansfriend, ok?
i was looking at the epiphone standard plain top, most of the goth series, and the g-400, and maybe the ibanez rg321, with new pups perhaps. (stretching price limit though, id rather not do that).
music styles = slayer, metallica, lamb of god, nile, stuff like that.
thanks
w/e u do dont get the goth series unless u wanna get a real gibson 1 i got 1 and the pips arent very good for the price

fpr 400 bucks u can get a ibanez a mid end one, a schepte, or even the les paul standard would b god
I favor the G-400. Guitar Center has an Epi SG made exclusively for them. I got mine for $399.00. I did change the pickups to a set of Seymour Duncans. The thing that I like about the SG, is the great upper fret access.
Quote by Gopher636
...and definitely the ibanez rg321, with new pups...

You answered your own question.
^ah, so i did...

any recomendations for pups?
(keep guitar recomendations comin in, still. more opinions never hurt)
RG321MH with pickupchange..

Theres a differnce, the MH = Mahogony body, regular 321 has a basswood body jus so u know.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
by then ill have a Roland Cube 30, that should suffice, right?

EDIT-eventually, id change the pups on the LP/Explorer/G-400/etc epiphones, but not till a little later. if i get the RG i could get the EMG's (combo recomendations?) with it and be done with that, then save for pups for my Omen 6.

sound like a plan to anyone?
the jackson dxmg is around the 400 price range pretty good metal guitar the thing that sucks is the trem the pickups are decent
get none EMGs for a roland cube. Look into DiMarzio and if you have the cash check out some Bareknuckle pickups.
plus ive heard any ESP LTDs < 400 are bad.

negative. Theyre all really solid guitars, even at low prices.
Quote by uterus
get none EMGs for a roland cube. Look into DiMarzio and if you have the cash check out some Bareknuckle pickups.

any recomendations?
Quote by Gopher636
any recomendations?

Go to either seymour-duncan's website or dimarzio's. They have tone charts that tell you exactly how the pickout will sound, and how high the output is.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
well imo emg would be decent for the bands he recommended

i figured the same thing, but people say they arent good in a solid state amp.

and on SD' website, maybe it was just the licks or styles they played, but none of the pups appealed to me. and DiMarzio's isnt working right on my computer.
Quote by Gopher636
i figured the same thing, but people say they arent good in a solid state amp.

and on SD' website, maybe it was just the licks or styles they played, but none of the pups appealed to me. and DiMarzio's isnt working right on my computer.

but with a Roland Cube amp its half decent. and plus SD im not liking there variety and Dimarzio yeh there alright but nothing that would do those bands
look for a used ibanez s470. they kick ass.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
id say an LTD F-250 ....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
its a bright wood...great for the band he likes....not the best of wood..but great features..ok pups..and with only 400$$ in mind...great guitar

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
true true^^...but agathist aint that bad....its a light bright wood.....i would never recommend fake EMG..but with his budget.....and the guitar i recommened was alread 50 over his...so 100 is not in that at all...and the F has a neck through (according to MF)

and lisenced trems can be good...for a few years at most.........(and we pretty much have the same set up me and you...look at my sig haha i hate the crate though)

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Last edited by numbfinger at Aug 7, 2006,
^ For a few years if you never touch it.

Unless its a Schaller or Ibanez EDGE/LO-PRO , you've got ****.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ For a few years if you never touch it.

Unless its a Schaller or Ibanez EDGE/LO-PRO , you've got ****.

really there really close ......its just they use a cheaper metal..and they wear out.....

and jackson has some really good FR...and the shallers actually cost more then a real FR...

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ I know, but believe me, that LTD is not worth the money, how do the EMG's sound in the blackjack? I hate my crate amp too lol, im gonna try to get a tube amp within the next few months.

well i think it is if the thredstarter plans on spending a few more bucks in the future ( its a great tuner-uper great features but crappy brands behind it....like say...new bridge new pup and tuners....great guitar...but its worth it cuz the neck joint, fast neck, and light body
(the emgs sound great...i dont lliek the JB..its a horrable pup.....and im getting a 6505+ head asap)

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Last edited by numbfinger at Aug 7, 2006,
^ Its not the JB, its the agathis body LOLZ
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570