Ok, so I've got this folky type lead/rythm thing that I'm writing. I'm just wondering out of the chords I've got so far, what other chords would be possible?

So far I've got this: Dmaj 9 -> Em -> - Bm -> F3dim
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Just curious, but how are you exactly planning to go about this, because from one instance I would assume you are playing primarily from the G Major scale, so in turn you are going V9>vi>iii>viio(the o is for diminished since I assume the tonality primarily consists of triads aside from the V chord, which what you did for the V chord is typical among jazz music. . . . just to let you know, also a dominant IV chord would sound good with it. . . . lots of minor chords really, are any of them seventh chords and with your ninth chord do you keep the seventh tone in or even for that matter the root or fifth? I would play with a lot of inversions and see how you can turn it into something a little less chaotic with a slight walk to it, as for anything else, you are maintaining a strict structure to G major, or so it seems, so I guess you could go GM7,Am7,Bm7,CM7,Ddominant7,Em7,or F#m7b5. . . . but I would try to keep my bass line a bit more in line and in control, it seems like a very good idea, but I guess at heart I'm down with the classical grind. . . too much Opeth and stuff I guess.
Well here is a tab of what I'm doing so you can see how it's being played. (I really tried to understand what you where saying notsee)
Dmaj9 Em Bm F#dim
E|--------------0------------------0-----------------2-----------------2--------|
B|--------------3------------------0-----------------3-x5---3--------1---x5--|
G--------------2--x5---2--------0--x5---0-2/4--4----------4\2---2--------|
D|---0--2/4---4-----------4\2--2----------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

x5's = the amount of times you strum
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
That's the key of G.. And the first chord isn't a Dmaj9, it's a Dadd9

Chords to include, could be: G, Am, Bm, C, D, Em, F#dim.

You can also try to give it a bit of an harmonic minor feel, by going F#dim --> B7 --> Emin. You should play Eharmonic minor of that progression Sounds quite nice!
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
That's the key of G.. And the first chord isn't a Dmaj9, it's a Dadd9

Chords to include, could be: G, Am, Bm, C, D, Em, F#dim.

You can also try to give it a bit of an harmonic minor feel, by going F#dim --> B7 --> Emin. You should play Eharmonic minor of that progression Sounds quite nice!

Thanks elvenkindje. You are so helpful
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums