So I'm in search of a 5 string bass. I've been checking out lots of different basses. I tried some mexi fenders, but i want an american if i get a fender. American fender 5's are super hard to find. Anyway, I tried some stingray 5's and Bongo 5's and I need something a little more mellow. I tried some warwicks, and I like them tone wise, but i cant get over how ugly they are. I also tried an Ibanez srx705 which was nice too.

Anyway, my question is: Other than what I have previously tried are there any other 5 strings you recommend?
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.
personally warwicks are now my top choice... have you looked a ibanez Sr505 and the Sr905 are good
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
guitar centers usually have at least one 5 string fender

lol i was there the other day and i say a jazz so i pick it up and begin to play. every thing sounds horrid. then i relize its a 5 string with the bottom string missing so i was playing on the wrong strings. :P
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Dude...Warwicks are probably gonna be your top choice. It sounds like you can afford at least the models in the $1000-2000 range. What nodels have you looked at? Certainly, not all of them are going to be ugly by your standards.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
washburn has some nice 5 stringers, i have an XB925 coming hopefully in a week.

i suggest you check them out, they are grat basses that dont break the bank. where are you in so cal?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!