4am...kinda threw this out, enjoyed it, very mellow...pardon the falsetto harmony, i needed something new to throw into it towards the end...can get a bit repetitive i'm sure...bare with it please, we all know it's a nice song. Enjoy everyone, crit 4 crit you musical people you.

Link in sig
All in all, a very good cover. You manage to bring a whole new wave of emotion on with this song, which is quite a task. I'm impressed.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Hey, your good at this recording thing... Enjoyable. though i like how the original kept pace with drums... made the song more tolerable... I suggest playing it a bit faster to heighten the mood a bit... as you said, a bit repeatitive.
Very interesting. Vocal effect gives it a really mellow feel. My only issue is with your voice. You're a great singer, but just because it's a slow, mellow song doesn't mean you can't have a little energy. Quite goof for 4 AM though.

And if you plan to do anything with it, a nice little synth string background would be a nice touch for parts. Espcially in the second verse.

Keep it up.
Gestating with all the other rats
Nurse said that my skin will need a graft I am of pockmarked shapes
The vermin you need to loathe
-The Mars Volta
lol yeah i was thinking of adding something in the second verse, maybe bass or something, synth would be cool though, got a usb keyboard coming tomorrow, synths would match the mood
This was pretty good. Cool what you did with the voice harmony. And great cover of Crazy Train, too.
Nice guitar work, im not keen on the vocals but i cant fault them, just personal taste, im not sure about the harmony, it sounds a bit tacky. Otherwise nice song.

Crit for Crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407497
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
i liked it
but bass wouldve been cool
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
hm your cover is good.. but it's too melancholic imo. Californication is no sad song.
Check out my cover (sig)
very very good
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Deiphobos: no matter what kind of song californication is, everyone is entitled to conceive and reinterpret a song however they like. I give two huge thumbs up for creativity
Work to live, not live to work.
Quote by Unborn
Deiphobos: no matter what kind of song californication is, everyone is entitled to conceive and reinterpret a song however they like. I give two huge thumbs up for creativity

you're right.
I thought it said "cover" but it doesnt
so whatever he did to it iz okay.
I like it mate. Solid and different. Nice little solo in there. Very good interpretation.

Very Good.
Not bad at all.. Like the mellow voice.
Quote by alexi_laiho
i really want to make a pedal-powered wheelchair...