Page 1 of 2
I was really excited to hear that Tvangeste, one of my favorite black metal bands, is working on some new material. Quickly, I went in search of more information, and I've got to say, they have me a little worried:

The new material will contain a great deal of new FRESH ideas. Our goal is to create album that fits XXI century. After two albums released under the flag of pagan times and Prussian history we decided to stop this theme. The new album will be completely different - modern sound, modern lyrics, modern newly developed image of the band.

I really hope they don't go to ****, because that sounds like what everyone says before the beginning of their end. Plus, the whole Prussian folk thing was part of their appeal. But you never know, maybe they can make it work. Maybe they'll be even better.

...and anyone who hasn't witnessed the symphonic ownage that is Tvangeste:

http://myspace.com/tvangesteband (check out Birth of a Hero)
Tvangeste is some definite good shit.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal

+1
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
I just discovered this band yesterday. Major ownage no doubt. (Sorry to bring back this old thread, but they definately deserve it.)
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Cheese on a stick but I love em

The stick is also made of cheese

/bo

edit: oh yeah, more news:

Fresh news about "Satori" recording
At last we got a certain information about the recording date! March 20 is the day Tvangeste will enter the studio to record new material. Infortunately there were no chances to schedule any earlier time because of the line of bands waiting for their turn. Recording session as it was mentioned before will take place at three European studios. Studio time is booked so there is no retreat, no surrender!

Album will be mixed by Andy LaRocque (KING DIAMOND) at his Los Angered in Goeteborg / Sweden - at the moment we are negotiating the mixing time.

One more feature of the new album is our collaboration with pretty female singer Gaby Koss (ex-vocalist of HAGGARD). So prepare for a magic chants performed by one of the most talented vocalist on this Planet!
Last edited by frozen-dirt at Jan 7, 2007,
Great band. Storm sounds like a Zelda tune at the beginning.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Pretty cool band except I dock them 20 kvlt points for not having corpse paint. When I first gave them a listen I hated the vocals. But, now i like them, they seem unique to me in some odd way(not a gay unique way)
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I wish they weren't so underground. Cause they're a great band, and it's like, impossible to find anything on limewire. And there aren't but like 3 profiles for them on myspace, including the official one. So you can't download anything on there either. I think it's odd that they're from Russia.
Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life
I wish they weren't so underground. Cause they're a great band, and it's like, impossible to find anything on limewire. And there aren't but like 3 profiles for them on myspace, including the official one. So you can't download anything on there either. I think it's odd that they're from Russia.

I found tons on limewire. Use soulseek, its for underground bands
Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life

You could...I dunno...buy the album? It's not like it's a huge deal now. Just a few clicks.
These guys are really good, I've been getting more and more indo BM and these guys are sexing my ears
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Yeah, they were one of the first black metal bands I was really into. Still one of my favorites.
Quote by Spynal

+1

But I'd hate to see them change over some popularity and money.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life

Underground and hard to find>mainstream and buyable at your local Barnes and Nobles. And you really know nothing about BM with a CoF headline, so....you really shouldn't be talking about such amazing BM bands as Tvangeste in any other way but worship. Amazing band. Absolutrly amazing.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Yeah, they're very good, a very original approach to Black Metal. I will def give this a listen again.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Read this.

http://www.tvangeste.com/fundraising.html

Long story short, if you pre-order the upcoming album (around 15 bucks in USD) you will get a personally signed copy of the album when it comes out, AND there will be a "special thanks" section in the cd booklet with everyone's name included who pre-ordered the album. My mom's gonna let me use her credit card. I'll probably order my copy tomorrow. Tvangeste have become one of my favorite bands. (They, along with Dimmu Borgir, are my favorite symphonic black metal band.)
Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life
My mom's gonna let me use her credit card.

My sig is better than yours
I love this band!

Firestorm wins.

Symphonic Black Metal wins.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Ah, I was wondering if there was a Tvangeste thread, and if not I would be quick to make one. Tvangeste is one of, if not, my favorite black metal bands.
The only thing I don't like about them is the growls. I prefer Emperor or Satyricon's to Tvangeste.
The best thing to come out of Russia (next to Annan Kournikova, Maria Sharapova (idk how to spell it), vodka and UG)

I ordered "Firestorm" like 2 months ago & it's still not here, wtf?
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by nebraskan
Ah, I was wondering if there was a Tvangeste thread, and if not I would be quick to make one. Tvangeste is one of, if not, my favorite black metal bands.
The only thing I don't like about them is the growls. I prefer Emperor or Satyricon's to Tvangeste.
The best thing to come out of Russia (next to Annan Kournikova, Maria Sharapova (idk how to spell it), vodka and UG)

Lol. I actually like the growls. Amazing band though.

Favorite song?

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Probably Raven, I haven't heard that much of their stuff, but that goes for most of the BM I listen to (except Dimmu of course) b/c they don't exactly promote it very much lol.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by nebraskan
Probably Raven, I haven't heard that much of their stuff, but that goes for most of the BM I listen to (except Dimmu of course) b/c they don't exactly promote it very much lol.

I love Dimmu.

Mine is probably Storm or Birth of the Hero maybe even Godless Freedom

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666
I love Dimmu.

Mine is probably Storm or Birth of the Hero maybe even Godless Freedom

Favorite Song is "Progenies of the great Apacalypse."

Fuck, my Tvangeste cd still hasn't come & I ordered it over a month ago.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
not bad. not at bad at all!
i like. if their production had more impact this would be one hell of a band.
looking forward to hearing their new stuff.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal

Anyone able to rapidshare any of their stuff for me?
The link on their site doesn't work anymore and after Guitar_Dan got me into them, I need to hear more.
Quote by Magero

Anyone able to rapidshare any of their stuff for me?
The link on their site doesn't work anymore and after Guitar_Dan got me into them, I need to hear more.

I can send you some more on MSN if you wish

Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life
Storm, Birth of the Hero, and Raven are probably my favorites.

I love the Introduction track.

Agreed.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
I only have Firestorm, but it's a great album. I've been meaning to get Damnation of Regiomontum too, 'cause it's supposed to be better.

I don't know if I like the description of the new "modern" sound though.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by nebraskan

I've gotten alot more into BM since I posted this lol, but I still love Tvangeste
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
lol glasses
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
What's the deal with this band? It's been some time since they said they've been working on a new album.
I've found Jesus
Page 1 of 2