Page 1 of 3
They belong here, not in the hardcore forums. (Ready for flaming by ignorant wagon hoppers that all team up because one person says they arent metal).
No.

"waggon hoppers" listen to trivium.

Listen to something like Necrophagist or Wintersun, and tell me they're still metal.
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
Quote by slashwyldepage
Listen to something like Necrophagist.

Indeed.

Actually, click a little bit above. Listen to nearly anything in the metal recommendation thread and tell me Trivium is still metal.

EDIT: sorry, my childishness is showing. Trivium really is more harcore than they are metal though by a mile.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Last edited by ChrisL2003 at Aug 4, 2006,
Quote by slashwyldepage
No.

Listen to something like Necrophagist or Wintersun, and tell me they're still metal.

dont forget hate eternal!
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Quote by slashwyldepage
No.

i do listen to both, and i also listen to trivium, and consider them metal.
Trivium Could Be Considered Metal But When You Tell Some One To Listen Necrophagist You Must Be Joking, All The Gay **** That Goes GRRR GRrrrr GRRR has Been Done Way Too Many Times. I DO NOT LIKE TRIVIUM! So Dont call me a wagonm hopper!

One Thing We Can All Agree To Is That A7x Is GAy!
Last edited by Metallica! at Aug 4, 2006,
I don't care what genre Trivuim is, they could be classified brutal black. But they'll aways be shit in my opinion
Quote by Metallica!
Trivium Could Be Considered Metal But When You Tell Some One To Listen Necrophagist You Must Be Joking, All The Gay **** That Goes GRRR GRrrrr GRRR has Been Done Way Too Many Times. I DO NOT LIKE TRIVIUM! So Dont call me a wagonm hopper!

Lmao, just because you don't like Death Metal vocals doesn't mean you should make it a priority to turn others away from it.
Quote by technicolour
I don't care what genre Trivuim is, they could be classified brutal black. But they'll aways be shit in my opinion

hahahaha

................haha
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Quote by apocalypse13
Lmao, just because you don't like Death Metal vocals doesn't mean you should make it a priority to turn others away from it.

Well Not Trying To Turn People Away....but ...sorry dont have a point.
^^^ Lol, you also don't need to capitolize every letter in the swentences you write.

And yes, all death metal goes "GRRR GRrrrr GRRR"
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
i enjoy both a7x and trivium. and i also enjoy immortal, blind guardian, behemoth, carcass, iced earth, stratovarius, etc.
^^Ah well, not as silly as the threadstarter.

Or the Trivium = Brutal Black Metal comment (roflmao)
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Quote by Metallica!
Gah hate a7x for some reason, probably beacause all the emo kids at school like em.

i still enjoy em, but will no longer wear shirts or anything of them because i will get thrown into that stereotype because all the emos and preps and mtv fags picked up on em.
*sighs*

This thread comes up about once every month or so, and the threadstarter is always just too ignorant to accept the fact that Trivium have been metalcore, and will continue to be metalcore, and very bad metalcore. This band has only made it big because thats the new trend for this era, but trust me and mark my words. This band will be gone in 5 years time.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
I reckon trivium are metal. Listen to metallica and compare them. But still this thread is kinda stupid, its only gonna make people hate the band and start ****.
F.T.W
Quote by CSguitarvocal
*sighs*

This thread comes up about once every month or so, and the threadstarter is always just too ignorant to accept the fact that Trivium have been metalcore, and will continue to be metalcore, and very bad metalcore. This band has only made it big because thats the new trend for this era, but trust me and mark my words. This band will be gone in 5 years time.

no. and im not ignorant. i do listen to a little metalcore along with a ton of real metal. so i wouldnt be denying it if they were metalcore. i really dont think they are metalcore. they have real riffs, technical guitar playing, song structure, solos, song lyrics that have significance, unlike stick a syringe in your herpes infected ****-death stuff (even though i do enjoy that too), and songs youd rather whip your long hair around to than do karate moves and ****ing retarted dancing in the middle of a moshpit. i think theyre definitely metal. and if maiden is a fan of them and taking them on tour, that must mean at least a tiny bit of something.
Uh... Why can't you just accept it?
I don't really get it, what's the big deal?
Just post in the Metalcore Forum about them.
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
the big deal is that theyre on a higher level of better music than metalcore, and they are metal. metal>metalcore so i dont think a good metal band should be shoved into that stereotype and disregarded.
TBH, I have not heard them, therefor cannot judge what I think they are.

But I still know they are not Brutal Black Metal. Lawl
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
the big deal is that theyre on a higher level of better music than metalcore, and they are metal. metal>metalcore so i dont think a good metal band should be shoved into that stereotype and disregarded.

I see your point but.....

THEY ARE NOT METAL
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
what's metal and what isn't could be seen as a matter of opinion, but the fact still remains that the rules, which are quite clearly not a matter of opinion, state trivium doesn't belong here. so, i guess you could say, then, that Trivium doesn't belong here.
someone just answer my last post at least. im fine with the rules, but i just want to know what the justification for trivium not being a metal band is.
Listen to them. The way they play is strikingly not metal. Particularly the vocals.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
someone just answer my last post at least. im fine with the rules, but i just want to know what the justification for trivium not being a metal band is.

well, in all honesty, i've never seen what about them qualifies as metalcore either. the only real problem i have with them is that Heafy sounds like dog barking while having a spiked metal rod firmly shoved up his ass. other than that, i like them.
what's metal and what isn't could be seen as a matter of opinion, but the fact still remains that the rules, which are quite clearly not a matter of opinion, state trivium doesn't belong here. so, i guess you could say, then, that Trivium doesn't belong here.
Yea the mods could be real asshats and put em in the blues forum if they wanted.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

the vocals are a fine matter of opinion, metal can have screaming, grunting, yelling, singing, screeching, falsetto, whatever vocals. so i dont thnk that really comes into play.

and to chrisl2003, that doesnt mean **** until you say some reasons why.
I don't think I'd classify Trivium as metal. I do like listening to Trivium every so often, and I believe they're a step up from most "metalcore" bands as they actually do some solos and what not but..... there's something different that doesn't quite make them straight up metal. Probably the vocals or something else in my opinion but i dunno. That's just what I think though. I still enjoy listening to them though.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto

and to chrisl2003, that doesnt mean **** until you say some reasons why.

gaah it's hard to describe how a band plays. the vocal style is especially reminiscent of slipknot, to me anyway. The heretic anthem, anyone?
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
i disagree that theyre similar to slipknot. heafy has an original scream, and its really powerful. but, if its like slipknot and youre saying the vox are the reason theyre not metal, wouldnt you call them numetal, not metalcore? trivium is definitely not numetal or metalcore
Well upon listening to them now, I think the vocals are the only thing that differs from typical metal. The music itself seems metal enough though.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by apocalypse13
Well upon listening to them now, I think the vocals are the only thing that differs from typical metal. The music itself seems metal enough though.

wouldnt it be good that the vocals arent typical? something different? and over time, metal has had all different kinds of vocals so why are heafy's an exception?
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
i disagree that theyre similar to slipknot. heafy has an original scream, and its really powerful. but, if its like slipknot and youre saying the vox are the reason theyre not metal, wouldnt you call them numetal, not metalcore? trivium is definitely not numetal or metalcore

I didn't really say they were similiar, but the vocals remind me of them at times. And your right, gaah. Though, I really haven't heard enough Trivium to open my fat fucking mouth.

That's it. Owned by ScreamingCheeto.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Quote by ChrisL2003
I didn't really say they were similiar, but the vocals remind me of them at times. And your right, gaah. Though, I really haven't heard enough Trivium to open my fat fucking mouth.

That's it. Owned by ScreamingCheeto.

just listen to em and maybe youll like em.
Page 1 of 3