I'm not very experienced with a vast amoutn of pickups, and id like to know if i were to ever buy aftermarket pikcups, which would sound really great for a good price. Mostly i play melodic metal: children of bodom, trivium, but id like a sound good for shredding like michael angelo batio, jason becker. I also do play cleans, and light distortion like hendrix, clapton, some light jazz. Any suggetsions?
what kind of guitar do you have and what pickups does it already have in it, meaning singlecoils, humbuckers.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Since I don't know what pickup type you'll want I'll list what I consider and/or is generally excepted as the best brands for pickups:

Seymour Duncan
EMG
DiMarzio
Bareknuckles (UK & Europe, very hard to get elsewhere)

Others can be good but those are generally the best.
how do the dimarzios super distortions sound....maybe an example of a guitarist so i can hear the tone
Quote by Blackdiamond045
how do the dimarzios super distortions sound....maybe an example of a guitarist so i can hear the tone

Kurt Cobain- Nevermind era, he had them in his Jaguar
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

^ yup and ^ ^ yup.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?