Ok, I've been comparing these two basses for a while, and the only difference at all i could find is the finish. That's no reason for a $300 price difference , so can anyone help me find why the SR905 is pricier? Also, which is a better quality bass? Thanks, guys
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
it is neck thru and has one more EQ settinng i think mids
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
ok, thanks chili! but $300 is a lot of money just for it being a neck thru, although the extra EQ would probably help it a little
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

well, it does have a nice finish, bt the extra eq would be nice... i am not sure of anythign else there might be more

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
SR505 VS. SR905
Mahogany VS. Maple body <- I really love the growly tone that Mahogany gives.
Wenge/Bubinga VS. Maple/Bubinga Neck <- Maple is a very bright sounding wood. Wenge is a much more growly wood. Warwick uses Wenge in their necks, which is why I like the wenge.

It's really just all in the wood and the feel of the bass. I have played both, and I still love the feel of the SR505. The 905 I played had a surprisingly clumsy neck. Go with the SR505, save yourself some money. Its a great bass and really just comes down to the difference between growl or brightness. If you play with a pick a lot, you might want to go with the 905, but otherwise, save money.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Thanks Incubus, I'm into Metal, along the Lines of Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom type stuff. I'm also into METALLICA . So which would be better for playing metal? Also, i thought the numbers would have something to do with quality. (I thought the SR905 would be better than the SR505 because its a higher number). Is this true, or is it just different by the series?
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

I would think the Sr905 would have higher quality because it has a nicer finish a extra EQ

Quote by hendrixmusicman
Buy the 505, save some money, and you can invest in an amp or some accesories, cables, strings, case, effects, etc..
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10