I just got a LTD EC400 Archtop today, and it's absolutely gorgeous, and it sounds fantastic, except for one thing... Though I pretty much fell in love with the Duncan '59 in the neck... I'm not particularly fond of the Duncan JB in the bridge, it's too...modern, for the sound I want. Anyway, I was wondering what your opinions would be on a good vintage pup... I was sort of thinking something along the lines of a Gibson '57 Classic (I don't really know, I just listened to the sound clip on the Gibson site and it sounded pretty good to me)... suggestions?
all the sound clips sound the same to me anywhere. anywho did you look at the sd seth lover i'm gonna get a couple of those soon actually my two chioses were the 57 classic and the seth lover the're both great PAF style pickups
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
So, if i was to shell out $150 or whatever and throw in the '57 Classic Plus instead of my JB would it make a significant difference in making my tone a little more vintage?
Pearly Gates.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
im not sure if they ship out to canada but check out bareknuckles vintage range, very nice

also like phil said, what amp do you have?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
im not sure if they ship out to canada but check out bareknuckles vintage range, very nice

also like phil said, what amp do you have?

i highly doubt he would get that for 150usd
hes not to far off, i mean $150 is what £75 hes not to far off the mule which has a great vintage tone, its £90.

depends if he wants to save or not i suppose
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Right now I'm my amp is a Peavey Bandit 112, but as soon as I sell it I'm getting either a Cube or a Valvetronix
"Built to the same specifications as the original PAF humbucker" - A quote from Bareknuckles' website about the Mule...

Wasn't the original PAF humbucker the Gibson? I could be wrong, because I havent really heard the Bareknuckle, but I'm just going on my own logic here... Wouldn't a company who MADE the original PAF humbucker make a pickup modeled after it better than a company who didn't make it?
http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143

take a listen and see what you think, its up to personal preference at the end of the day, good luck finding what you want mate
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000