What is up with this thing. I can't figure it out, and the guy who posted it on this other forum has no clue what it is either.:

of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
holy sh*t! that's warwick for ya
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
yea that is disturbing
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
...hold me
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
Ya, it looks weird, but I would love to mess around on it. Even though I am clueless as to its purpose.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
*falls to floor*

holy crap, what is TAHT?!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i would imagine it to be either two different scale lengths or just a piece of art. im leaning more towards the latter
Maybe they're just painted on as artwork and it is actually fretless? Hell, that would be confusing to play.
And God went forth into the land to search for the one who is worthy enough to play the Warwick Monster5F.
J. L.
Couldn't it have something to do with it's intonation. I saw in some guitar magazine that some company had made a neck with weird looking frets to get perfect intonation across all the neck.
Fender '69 Thinline
Simon and Patrick S&P 6 Cedar
Yamaha C-40
Line6 POD xt
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Gallien & Krueger 400RB
EBS 1x15 cab
Quote by svansen
Couldn't it have something to do with it's intonation. I saw in some guitar magazine that some company had made a neck with weird looking frets to get perfect intonation across all the neck.

It sure does. It's an lesser seen are harder to make alternative to fanned frets. It is pretty interesting, but I don't see the point of it when you're playing with another guitar. (Unless the guitar is also fretted like that.)

I don't even want to imagine how hard that would have been to do.

*EDIT: Upon a second look, it appears to have been made for complete visual appeal. There are alot of extra/missing frets.

Ex. There are two fretts before the first whole frett on B/E/A but only one on D/G. The logic doesn't make sense.
Last edited by elemenohpee at Aug 4, 2006,
There seems to be a lot of extra frets, I think it's that intonation said above, but who knows. It could be some guy living in a basement making a warwick look wicked trying to make a bit of cash.
I had a brain burp. I completely forgot what it was called.

On most basses, frets are not positioned EXACTLY where the pitch of the note is. These basses have the frets exactly where each note is, in order to have much better intonation than normal or fanned frets.

This should help a bit. Its kind of hard to explain.
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162996&highlight=warwick+thumb+frets
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155697&highlight=Microtonal
http://www.justintonation.net/whatisji.html

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
It's actually pretty innovative. G&L makes necks fretted like that as well, but I've never seen them on a Warwick. They're designed to give you extra "quarter step" notes, that normally would only be attainable on a fretless instrument. They come in very hande for eastern music.
I should have guessed that it had something to do with perfect tone.

its for microtonal playing, ( i read the TB links )

as in..

our ocataves have 11 notes, but of course, you can fit more in there, this is what is called microtonal playing
Quote by Casual Karma
What is up with this thing. I can't figure it out, and the guy who posted it on this other forum has no clue what it is either.:

I believe it is a custom order that allows you to play in really whacked out tunings and to use microtones ala fretless.

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it.
what if you needed to do a bend and went off the fret, that seems kinda gay..
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Quote by kmbuchamushroom
The guy who ordered that needs to get with the program and just get a fretless.

Unless he wants to slap some eastern song.

i'm officially even more emotionally scarred than i was before.
even satan cant help us now!
Yeah, why doesnt he use a fretless, it be way more microtonal then something that has frets in the way!!

You can slap a fretless, it just feels different on your finger!
And it sounds different, most of the time. I mean, maybe he wants it to sound the same way as a fretted bass. Or maybe he wanted it to be unique. Who is to really know why?