http://daveweiner.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284

That's a topic from the Dave Weiner (Steve Vai's rhythm guitarist) forums, and he says that Marty Friedman participated in the G3 Jam, does anyone know where I could find some footage of this? I think its ****ing weak how hes not mentioned anywhere on the DVD, shows you how you have to invest in your own goddamn appearance...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Eh, they have guests all over the place, Andy Timmons, Paul Gilbert, you name them, depending on where the show is...

As they're not a solid part of the show, they're not mentioned on the DVD, seems logical to me...

And no, unless bootleg, I doubt there's any footage.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Hmm thats news to me... I thought the ones mentioned on the G3 webpages were the ones there and thats it. I really oughta' go see one of the G3 Jams then, too bad they don't come where I am.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Damn

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
WTF..

Why cant they just make a seperate DVD will all the special guest appearances?! If Marty Friedman came to my show to jam with me onstage... I'd f*cking RECORD it!

Sucks...
Not very economically feasible
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Hmmm, probably someone recorded it and will upload a youtube or videogoogle. Perhaps in a couple of...years

Then again, Japs wont do that....would they?...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Resiliance
Not very economically feasible

Why not? The G3 DVD/CD's have sold pretty well over the years. You dont think a "Best of G3" DVD with rare guest performances would sell? I know it would go like mad in Japan and Europe, and it would probably do pretty damn well here too.
I think you're overestimating the profits made as opposed to the amount of money invested in recording and publishing DVD's.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Eh, they have guests all over the place, Andy Timmons, Paul Gilbert, you name them, depending on where the show is...

As they're not a solid part of the show, they're not mentioned on the DVD, seems logical to me...

And no, unless bootleg, I doubt there's any footage.

Andy Timmons absolutely wiped the floor with them! I've seen footage of it and he was amazing... literally showed them up so bad. I wish I'd been there to see that.
Quote by Tom Martin
Andy Timmons absolutely wiped the floor with them! I've seen footage of it and he was amazing... literally showed them up so bad. I wish I'd been there to see that.

Are you talking about G3 or the 1997 Ibanez anniversary video?

That's the thing with Timmons though, when other players like Gilbert might lay back and do a pentatonic based bluesy solo, Andy always goes for broke and it can get on my nerves sometimes.

Click.
^^gets right on my nerves, hence why I'm not too big on Timmons.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Quote by Resiliance
Are you talking about G3 or the 1997 Ibanez anniversary video?

That's the thing with Timmons though, when other players like Gilbert might lay back and do a pentatonic based bluesy solo, Andy always goes for broke and it can get on my nerves sometimes.

I've seen a couple.
One he's playing with Gilbert, and the other one was with Satch - I'm not sure if its G3 or not...

I'm not really into my Timmons, to be honest I don't know much of his stuff at all past a dozen videos I've seen of him - but one video in particular, the one where he plays with Gilbert (and someone else I think, I can't remember as I havn't seen it in a while) he was just outstanding I thought, completely blew Gilbert out of the water - both tasteful pentatonics and some faster runs in there too. The one with Satch was the same, but that video was more Satch letting himself down rather than Timmons playing above his game.
Yeah, I've seen both.

The Gilbert one is the Ibanez one where I felt Gilbert really held back in favor of the song where Timmons just let all cannons blast.

Click.
Marty Friedman should be the main guy w/ Satch and Vai. Don't get me wrong, I like John Petrucci, but there is more emotion is Marty's playing.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Resiliance
Yeah, I've seen both.

The Gilbert one is the Ibanez one where I felt Gilbert really held back in favor of the song where Timmons just let all cannons blast.

I know what you mean, but I'm not just talking about Timmons letting it loose, I just thought his phrasing and licks were just great in that video - where Gilbert just seemed a little lacking.
One guest was Robert Fripp, would there happen to be any footage/recordings with him? I haven't been able to find anything, maybe I haven't looked in the right places.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Actually, Fripp was a full fledged member of the tour on one leg, I have some UK friends who went. He did a lot of soundscape stuff. No footage.

I can't remember the exact year though, 2003 or 2004?

Click.
Bah. I read some blogs or whatever of people who went, I guess the soundscapes didn't always go over too well... pity there's no footage.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I was at one of those shows resi, and yeah they went down BADLY. lots of abuse flying about.
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.