Tomorrow I'm picking up 0.12's, but I don't know what kind to get.

I play stuff like Metallica, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold and detuned stuff very often such as Atreyu, System of a Down, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine..etc.

The only strings I've played are D'addario's. Someone mentioned "Boomers" to me before. Are those any good?

What strings would suit me? Any recommendations and feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Are you down tuning? (drop C or lower) if so pick up

a) Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky's (12's Green packet)
b) Zack Wylde BHS ones not too sure bout them cuz I play the EB's
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
I've used D'addario 9's for years and years. I changed to Ernie Ball Super Slinkys and they brought something new to my playing. I didn't realize how hard the D'addario's were to bend until i tried EBs.

The slinkys are great if you play fast and do lots of bends. They are easy on your fingers too.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Wow, you all play horrible strings.

Boomers are the cheapest **** strings ever.
Same with D'addario.

Earnie Balls are too bad but I can't personally stand them

Why .12 gauge? That's ****ing huge.

I play in a death metal band in drop B and I use 10's.

Try out regular DR's. They bend beautifully and sound amazing.

Make sure you stretch your strings properly when putting them on and don't detune the entire guitar frequently. It will kill your string life.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
I've played the 'Boomers' before I was quite fond of 'em. I just picked up some skinny/heavy slinkies so I wanna see how these go. Otherwise I don't think 'Boomers' are a bad way to go for metalheads. Nice choice.
Crit 4 Crit:
Melodic Death--Broken Mortal
Melodic Death--Lost in the Wind
Thrash--Inner Demons

Quote by societies_worm
the sad thing is not only is this guy a dumbass, but he is going to get more replies than i ever have, but thats is funny too
EB's rock dude u can drop to crazy levels and still have them dead tought so there not rattlin and fret buzzin all over y'all ass
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
jus try ernie ball power slinkys
when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - jimi hendrix
lol or 'Not Even Slinkys' get some mean finger strength off of them
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Wow.. a lot of different suggestions.

What are these EB and DR's? Sorry, I don't know much about strings.

I assume EB stands for Ernie Ball?
yea lol they'll sell them at your local guitar shop for like 5-10ish depeding on curency and ****
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Okay, I'm gonna pick up some Ernie Balls tomorrow.

What kind should I get though?

Super Slinky? Power Slinky? Skinny top/Heavy Bottom? Not Even Slinky?
well dpends if you drop tuning get 10-12 gauge so that Power Slinkys, not Even Slinky's and soemthing else not sure
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
I play in standard, and also tune down to Drop-D and Drop-C quite frequently.

So I'm thinking I need 0.11's. The Not Even Slinky's wouldn't stay in tune on standard.

I think I should get the Skinny Top/Heavy Bottoms.

Would the Skinny Top/Heavy Bottoms come in 0.11's?
Last edited by bryman at Aug 4, 2006,
probz i'm not sure

and the not even slinkys would stay in tune in stadard I do it on a regular basis, 12's rock BB King player twelves lol
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Alright.

I'll see tomorrow when I get down to the shop, whether I'm gonna choose the Not Even Slinky's or the Skinny Stop/Heavy Bottoms.

Thank you, and everyone else who replied.

I'm going to bed now since it's 4am and I have to get up in 5 hours.

If anyone has anymore suggestions or anything, post and I'll read it in the morning.

Thanks again everyone!
Quote by think11270
Wow, you all play horrible strings.

Boomers are the cheapest **** strings ever.
Same with D'addario.

Earnie Balls are too bad but I can't personally stand them

Why .12 gauge? That's ****ing huge.

I play in a death metal band in drop B and I use 10's.

Try out regular DR's. They bend beautifully and sound amazing.

Make sure you stretch your strings properly when putting them on and don't detune the entire guitar frequently. It will kill your string life.

I second that, until you've tried DR strings you have no idea how bad the strings you've been using were. Dr's aren't the cheapest so when my last set went wrong i went out and got some GHS, oh man did that feel like grinding tin with a scourer, so i threw those away and went straight back to DR's.
Marty
how much are these Dr's you talk off and can I get some twelves?
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
^ Yeah.

Would EB's or DR's be better for me? I'm going to pick some up in a few hours.