Sorry if theres an earlier thread like this. Anyway, the main idea of this thread is to ask and answer questions about band pronunciations. Don't know how to say the name of..say..a Black Metal band? Find out here. I'll go ahead and start it off with a couple questions.

...How in the hell do you properly pronounce Xasthur and Tsjuder? I've been pronouncing the two in the following ways, I was wondering if these ways are actually right.

Xasthur = Zah-thur
Tsjuder = Shoe-dur
Never heard if either one but they sound about right to me.

Yngwie is one name i hate saying. I''ve heard it pronouned Jingwee, Ingvay Ingvey, Yungwee, Vingwee, Yingwee and i still don't know how to say it lol
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
its Ying-wee
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
children of bodom has a **** load of pernunciations i dont even know whats right any more ive heard bottom, bood-om, bod-um, baboon scrotom i just dunno any more
hmmm.................... a conspiracy, maybe i be wrong
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Children Of Bodom is pronounce dif ways depending on the language from what I heard. Alexi Laiho pronounces it Boo-dum.m but then again he's got a finnish accent so he's clearly trying to say Bodom most likely.
Lol one thing I find funny about band pronunciations is the thing about Led Zep leaving the 'a' out of 'Lead' so the yanks wouldn't mispronounce it lol.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by WrathOscuro
How do you guys pronounce Dimmu Borgir?

I pronounce it like this: Dim-moo Bore-gur

I say it like Deemu Bor-gear.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by guywithguitar
^I've always pronounced it "dim-moo bore-jeer"

How do you pronounce the band "!!!"?

I think it's "Chk Chk Chk". Seriously. My friend is into them.
!!! is pronounced however you want, but it has got to be a one syllable noise repeated three times. 'Chk chk chk' is generally what people call them, though you could call them 'oi oi oi' or 'ya ya ya', they don't mind.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i thought it was more like "mog-Y"
the 2nd half being pronounced like the letter Y