Title? Answer please?
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Um...I wouldnt say so...not unless you know youre going to mic it or run Line Out to the PA. Other than that...nah.
probz run it to a PA i think thats what they do at the place i would be gigging at

so what amp would i be looking to get my band play death metal
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
yep it's plenty loud for a basic pub gig, anywhere bigger they'd insist on micing it anyways as 1) a safety regulation and 2) just common practice. A cube 60 will get over drums and cut through the mix so in that regard anything that is louder than drums is suitable for gigging.
Marty

spose it'd be a tube too
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Cube 60 is good if there gonna mic it.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Quote by _mr_jack_

spose it'd be a tube too

Peavey XXX, Peavey 5150/6505, Mesa Rectifier...etc.
cool thanks lol i don't know that much bout amps so that a real help

what would buying one consist of? head,cab,i'm not sure
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
So you ask if the 60 is enough, and when we tell you it is, you want to buy a halfstack?

Price range?
no i was wondering actually lol i'm getting the 60 in a few weeks but i thoguth seeing as most people said it isn't adequete unless miced up i would ask what I'd need for atube and how much a good one costs for playing metal ya know for later info....
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Yea, the cube 60w can take up a small-med sized gig, you can crank it too, but as a safety regulation, but it probably won't explode.
i know the smallest cube isnt, the microcube, yes I KNOW FORM EXPERIENCE <sobs>, lol that was a bad day
PSN: Noverion
A Cube 60 is suitable for smaller club-sized gigs. It'll get over drums fairly well, but being a solid-state amp, it thins out at high volumes. So while it can do small gigs (maybe medium sized if you mic'd it), you be better off to try for a tube combo. Something like a Peavey XXX Super 40 or Peavey XXX 112 would be great. A Peavey 6505 212 combo would be even better if you could afford it (or find one used at a good price). Outside of that, maybe some smaller Mesa combos (F-50, Recto-O-Verb, Mark IV....you'd be lucky to get one under $1000 though).
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join