Page 1 of 4
If you could get on stage with any guitarist and have a Solo Battle with them who would it be and would you win?

I learned to solo from Neil Young and would like to take him on in a Solo Battle, he would probably still win but it would be a kickass time.
Its how you look and how you feel
Kirk Hammett man, i learned the guitar listenin to him, hes like my hero, but i think i could beat him in a solo battle, idk, thats a really cocky think to say
Quote by ~A7x~
Id verse that guy from greenday, and kick his ass.

My thoughts exactly.
Quote by ~A7x~

That's what I was gonna say. I mean, I'd love to improv against Hendrix, but only if no one is watching, so I won't be as ashamed when my ass gets kicked.
Quote by ~A7x~

Dude, i thought the same lol

but seriously id go with page
gotta love the box style.
Founder of the
UG FORMULA ONE CLUB

My gear:
-Squeir affinty strat
-Epiphone joe perry boneyard les paul
-Squier champ 15
-cheap second-hand johnson acoustic
-Peavy rage 158
-Zoom gfx505II
-zoom expression pedal
Quote by ~A7x~

Damn beat me!

...the guy from Simple Plan would be even easier!!!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Someone who I'd be able to beat, of course

Hell, I'm not battling a guitar god

And I don't really want this to be in front of a massive crowd, either. I mean... It wouldn't really be that great if you battle some really **** guitarist and win. (worse though if you lose, of course). Think about it.
"Dude! You beat [insert shit guitarist name]! That's... well... not really something, is it...."
I didn't have a signature until now.
Me vs. Eddive Van Halen and get my ass kicked.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
if i wanted to be a dickhead, and whoop someone easy... itd be avril lavigne.
a guitar god though? hendrix.
Quote by Generalpwnt
Will 6/66 involve gratuitous orgies with midgets and clowns?

Quote by musicianamedave
Kill his dog...then nail the dog to a cross. Use said cross to anally rape his mother.

Then give him the old Monkey Grabs The Peach!

lol i was about to say that dude from greenday!!! holy crap at least i'm not the only one who loves victory over that hahahah.

but anyway probably....kirk hammett as well. my playing style's kinda similar to his and if would be really fun i guess
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
Im gonna try my luck with Herman Li, i'd probably forfit the moment he pulls out his guitar.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Hendrix... He's lost a lot of weight since 1980, I don't think he quite has the strength to muster a great solo anymore. No disrespect to him or anything.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Quote by ~A7x~

Just like several others, I had the same thought.
I can't solo for shit, but I could still beat Billie Joe.
Spiral Out
I'd rather play alongside one of my heroes than try and step up to them. Anyone seen Velvet Revolver live? The way Slash and Dave Kushner play off of each other - I'd like to play like that with Brant Bjork or Josh Homme, blues style. It'd be great to play with Iommi or Hendrix, but I can't imagine either of them wanting to be alongside another guitarist like that.
Quote by Hauf
If you could get on stage with any guitarist and have a Solo Battle with them who would it be and would you win?

I learned to solo from Neil Young and would like to take him on in a Solo Battle, he would probably still win but it would be a kickass time.

you...cuz i know i can beat you
i'd bust out my stuff against james blunt
he's a GOD at guitar solo's!
yes.........
Quote by namman05
Im gonna try my luck with Herman Li, i'd probably forfit the moment he pulls out his guitar.

well Billie Joe would be great to kick ass...coz all the pop-punk people in the world would commit suicide after seeing Billie Joe standing there with his power chord pose but being outplayed by another guitarist = me...HAHAHAHAHA
Last edited by catchtherainbow at Aug 4, 2006,
billie joe from green day.. but everyone stole my idea. i'd (and so would the majority of UG) kick his ass so hard
At the moment I think I'd be able to challenge Jimi H or Stevie RV or J Becker or Brain Jones or Shawn Lane or Dimebag or John Lennon or Jerry Garcia or Syd B. or Rory Gallagher or Roy Buchanan and win

Serious, it's not that hard
My Spanish Hearts
Okay then, someone saying they'd battle BJA... Why don't you record something to go against one of his solos? And I don't mean the American Idiot style ones:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wnat_MnvJ4Q

(Yes this link's already posted - But I want to see how many "Omfg billeh jo is teh suxor" people can actually compare to him)

And those who wanted video evidence as for some reason couldn't dare to accept the others; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CnapxGBsMM&NR
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last edited by JamieB at Aug 4, 2006,
i'd battle hendrix in the state of condition he's in now, no shame in losing to an alive hendrix though...
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
I'd battle with the 8th grader across the street.............So I could keep my pride.
I am Puddin' Taine! of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join!

Member #1 of the Ipods Suck Balls Club

Member #2 Of the Parker>All Other Brands Club, PM dementedpuppy to Join.
I'd take Yngwie and just bash my guitar in his head because he's so fat and I'd win anyway.
He's a shame to Sweden because he's so fat and ugly.
solo battles are ****e, with no musical intention. its just an excuse to wank you guitar and prove you are the "better" player

But if i had to have a solo battle with someone it would be ywnwie malsteen IL KICK HIS ASS OH YEAH
Quote by Beansontoast
the only musical instrument a woman should play is the hoover and/or the iron
C.C DeVille...i'd probably lose but then again he is a reat guitarist....Either him or one of those emo guitarists who can't solo for toffee like one of the ones from hawthorne heights
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Kurt Cobain. He's dead - I'd win
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
bb king, ive learned alot from watching him like alot of guitarists, he'd whoop me but hell id've just played on stage with bb king lol
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by ~A7x~

I hate you, I thought of that like many others

Well if it can't be Billy Joe Armstrong, the fat guy from Bowling For Soup
NOPE.
Quote by HammettHead
Hendrix... He's lost a lot of weight since 1980, I don't think he quite has the strength to muster a great solo anymore. No disrespect to him or anything.

ROFL

erm.....watshisname from annihilator.....Jeff Waters god he's quick

**** guitarist...patrick bloody stump from FOB and then lamp him when he starts to play and brutaly mutilate him with his guitar whilst violating him in every possilble way with his fellow band fags

ahhh
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Quote by _mr_jack_
ROFL

erm.....watshisname from annihilator.....Jeff Waters god he's quick

Yeah I'd like to battle him when my skills are actually God-like
NOPE.
John Petrucci. I'd get my ass kicked, but I'd have the priviledge of saying "I once guitar battled John Petrucci". I don't care about my ego, unlike many others here on UG (which you can so easily tell by looking at their sigs).
Page 1 of 4