OK i've decided to work on my speed and alterante picking and tackle timing at the same time. I'm using an electronic metronome (Boss TU-80) so I can set the speed etc...i have it set so that it clicks each time the dial hits its furtherst point (the little dots on either side) and I pic on each click, I am using this excercise to make it a little more interesting

6-7 ascending up the the strings low-high then high to low

but i several postion so like

5-7
6-8
7-10 (hard on the pinky)

I've started doing it for around an hour each night I started a couple of nightas ago and have done 115 120 bpm i have decided to move in 5 or 10 beat leaps depending on how i think i have done on the previous speed,

do you think I'm going about this right, or is there a better excercise?
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
I started on Avenged Sevenfold's Bat Country. It's so much like an excercise its crazy. But it is basically a chromatic scale on the high e string.
what and played it quicker and quicker?
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
check out triviums lessons on using the pinky with alternate picking in Guitar World, thats the best lesson for this that i have seen
i'm not too bothered about the pinky i can use it fine i just want to know if the excercise i'm using will eventually improve my speed
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Quote by _mr_jack_
i'm not too bothered about the pinky i can use it fine i just want to know if the excercise i'm using will eventually improve my speed

yea i see wat u are sayin, but they incorperate both into the lesson, but thats the name of the lesson, just so u will have an idea of wat im talkin about
cool thanks
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
ok i might have to purchase that,

also are scales good for it?
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson