hello i intend putting a cry baby pedal into my guitar replacing the foot mechanism with a knob, seeing as the foot pedal only turns a pot.. is it possible to turn off the pedal without having to take out the battery ? i intend wiring the pedal to the input of the guitar
you could use a stereo input jack so when you remove your guitar cable from your guitar you dont waste the battery for the cry baby
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Aug 4, 2006,
Quote by dave293
You could add a switch.

I don't think a onboard wah would be that useful imo.

maybe if it was an auto wah then yeh it could be
Yeah, but using a standard wah like he's talking about would be difficult to use while playing.

thatguy147 if you do want to add a on off switch 1800kssmyazz posted a diagram in another recent thread.

Edit: It's in the Project FASS BUZZ Bass Distortion Pedal thread.
Last edited by dave293 at Aug 4, 2006,
I think it could be useful, if you often used your wah in a parked position to get that honky tone like Michael Schenker. Though you could just leave it on the floor and keep its full usefulness. Wah circuits are pretty big as well, they might not fit in your control cavity
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
haha thats a really good idea for a pedal I should design. A vintage boost!!!!! Yay im on it! I guess I got a night of working to do. Finish 3 pedals and design a vintage boost!!!! Cant wait.
i wouldnt be turning the knob whilst playing unless it was neccesary for a sustainted note, i would use it just for the effect turn the knob to my desired sound, just something to put in my customised guitar :-)
if your planning on buying one, dont bother, build one, because it will work out much cheaper if your just using the basic guts, and you should use push pull pots to switch the effect on and off. and have the other position as a volume or something
i picked up a cheap one on ebay that works fine, im going to try do the push pull pots thanks
1 strat body
1 1960's strat style neck
1 gibson p90 (bridge) pickup
1 2005 50's re-issue fender strat pickup (middle) pickup
1 epiphone les paul custom humbucker (neck) pickup
1 2005 50's reissue fender bridge
fender pots and switch
1 cry baby :-)
The Epi HB's are really muddy, terrible for neck position.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
if you shove it in the bridge and slam a coil tap on there (if its possible) then you have the ultimate flexibility IMO
If you wanted, you could add a sort of whammy bar on it to control it with your picking hand as you play, it would increase your access to it and mite look cool to have a double tremolo kinda thing goin on.

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.

here is just a rough idea of what it will look like, i still have to cut somewhere to put in the crybaby board lol