Hey UG, I was wondering what the tuning for dropped D and dropped C were, along with what is the best string type (eg nickel/iron nickel/nickel ect.) for playing Classic Rock/Metal/Progressive Metal/Punk/Grunge?

Thanks.

Drop D = DADGBE or DADGBD

Drop C = CGCFAD

dunno much bout the strings just buy ernie balls lol
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
As soon as you start tuning lower than dropped C# (Drop D down a half-step) you may start getting a bit too much slack in your strings if they are regular gauge. For Drop C or lower I would recommend getting high gauge strings and for significantly lower (Drop A or something like what bands like Staind and Slipknot do) you need to look into a baritone axe. Or you can do what some guitarists do and buy the strings for a 7-string guitar and just toss the high E. You'd need to adjust your neck to avoid warping though.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by rockxwl
As soon as you start tuning lower than dropped C# (Drop D down a half-step) you may start getting a bit too much slack in your strings if they are regular gauge. For Drop C or lower I would recommend getting high gauge strings and for significantly lower (Drop A or something like what bands like Staind and Slipknot do) you need to look into a baritone axe. Or you can do what some guitarists do and buy the strings for a 7-string guitar and just toss the high E. You'd need to adjust your neck to avoid warping though.

I understand the lower tuning:thicker gauge string thoery, I'm going to be putting 11's on it =)

Thanks for all your comments guys! This has helped alot.
11's are good. I play on those (not big on solo's so no need for crazy bending, and they break on me less since they're thicker.) 11's will perfectly handle any tuning down to drop C#
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail