"Apparently the reason Keeler and Sebastian wanted to quit the band was because they'd stopped talking to each other. Which is as good a reason as any."

Wow an honest reason for a band split for once.
Crap :\
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
damn that's no good. might have to listen to 'you're a woman, i'm a machine' later as a tribute of some sort

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
well there is always MSTRKRFT which is a side project from on of the guys in the band. It's like Dancy Elctro Pop or something. Alot of people seem to love their album, I haven't listened to it.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
If you didn't see them live, you mised out. The record is good, but after seeing them on stage it doesn't compare.

A real shame - amazing band. Still, Jesse is playing for Queens of the Stone Age on their next album!
I'm glad I got to see the live. What is it with great Indie bands breaking up recently, first Sleater-Kinney, then Broken Social Scene, now Death From Above.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by trev_smith12
I'm glad I got to see the live. What is it with great Indie bands breaking up recently, first Sleater-Kinney, then Broken Social Scene, now Death From Above.

BSS aren't breaking up, they're merely going on hiatus so all the side projects can write and record. They did the exact same thing after YFIIP. Anyway yeah DFA were a good band. I'm looking forward too MSTRKRFT.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Pretty lame to break up after one album.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Quote by Stacked Actors
Pretty lame to break up after one album.

Even though Heads Up is an EP, it's still great enough to call it an album in my opinion. I really wanted to hear this new album. The idea they had was great, 3 versions of it (Normal DFA, Full Band, Remix). This is a real let down...
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
Quote by pumpkins_rule
BSS aren't breaking up, they're merely going on hiatus so all the side projects can write and record. They did the exact same thing after YFIIP. Anyway yeah DFA were a good band. I'm looking forward too MSTRKRFT.

Ok, I know they're not technically breaking up, but they said there may not be another album, and though they've said it many times before, I think it's for real this time.
That's a bit sht. I was just listening to them a few days ago and thinking I didn't listen to them enough. Sad to see them go, I would have loved to hear another album. Was it just the one? They were recording weren't they? But I don't think if they released anything it came out in the UK.

Ah well. Another one bites the dust. But at least they've been honest about the reasons and not dressed it up.
Still can't believe they did, i was hoping to hear a lot more from them.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Only just started getting into them. Bit of a shame I can't see them live, oh well.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I missed the one live show they played here because it was at noon and I slept in

I was so looking forward to their new album too...
Oh well. What? Did you expect them to be able to evolve from the formula they created? Both of them(or at least the well-spoken Jesse does) know that they had to bow out gracefully.
Am I the only one who didn't like them?
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

^ No you're not, I just didn't want to upset everyone by cheering
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^ That's about all I ever thought of them, that they were kind of cool. They got dull fast, though.
Quote by lo fi nights
Oh well. What? Did you expect them to be able to evolve from the formula they created? Both of them(or at least the well-spoken Jesse does) know that they had to bow out gracefully.

what? do you even realise why they broke up? they clearly state that it's because they weren't getting along as friends and had grown apart, not because unless i've missed something that they 'knew that they had to bow out gracefully'

they haven't bowed at gracefully at all, and the set of circumstances that is their downfall is quite sad for such a 'fun' band
They were so much better live than on their record though - check out some live videos if you never got to see them.
Quote by bobjewell87
what? do you even realise why they broke up? they clearly state that it's because they weren't getting along as friends and had grown apart, not because unless i've missed something that they 'knew that they had to bow out gracefully'

but look at MSTRKRFT. sounds nothing like DFA. becuz DFA cudnt be pushed any farther, so they had to start with a clean slate, them not being friends any longer was just what made DFA impossible to re-form.