Hey guys take a look at this

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-8195641071653844546&q=blind+shred

It is amazing.. + Also does anyone no the song name?.. I would like to learn this..
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
One thing that wonders me from watching this video...is the way he plays. Sure, if no one around him could teach him how to play the guitar nor know how to hold one, like Jeff Healey...but the thing is. He can TAP. He either A. Reinvented tapping. B. Someone SHOWED HIM how to tap. But if someone showed him how to tap, why dont they show him how to properly the normal way?

He's either A. Kinda weird for playing like that but still knowing how to tap. or B. Not blind.
hes good but why is he playing with his hand over the top?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Dont no .. Do you guys think he made this song up then?
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
if he is blind that's really cool since he kick ass^^ I could be someone who wants attention but why would you learn to play the wrong way(wich must taken 10years...?) if you just are going to play a trick top the world I think he is blind^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by kanguuu
hes good but why is he playing with his hand over the top?

maybe because thats how he finds it easier to memorize the spaces between each fret, but there is a technique were u put ur hand over the top and play...i think there called tired notes but not sure,haven't got a clue how to do them tho..hermanli, sam tottman and guitarsists like that use them
I find it easrier to tap over the top, and maybe he learned before he went blind.I think it's his own song, but it reminds me a bit of crossroads by Cream.
Dickless.
he might have started with piano. maybe felt comfy that way.

if uve got real player, check out RAUL MIDON, blind player, one man band. he's making all the noises u hear on the audio.

http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/kc_video_dyn.cfm?encoded=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dkennedy%2Fkennedyg2%2Fg2demand%2F08072003%5F1800%5FMSN%2Erm%26proto%3Drtsp&header_image=header_mil_video.gif
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ya that is a really good point about the piano. But still even is he isnt blind thats awesome.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Why are you people so damn harsh? It's good music. SO he doesn't play the guitar using the traditional hand placement that doesn't make him wrong.

And why would someone have to show him how to tap? HE couldn't figure that out on his own? I mean he hears about the technique and goes home and trys it, too far fetched for some of you? He's blind not stupid. His ears work just fine for figuring out the way music sounds....

It doesn't matter how you play the guitar as long as you get the notes out correctly, you can hear the music.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Quote by OldRocker
Why is it the wrong way to play a guitar my friends?

I don't believe there is such a thing as a wrong way. If it sounds good and you get notes, or even great noise, no way of playing is wrong.

Let's just hope he doesn't stand to close to that stack for long otherwise he'll go deaf too!
Because there are little bumps on those white dots on the side of the neck (fret markers) and he can feel it.

Well anyone can wear sunglassses and pretend to be blind

Oh look, I am blind!

He's great though.
Even if he wasnt blind, hes damn good player. That's a very weird way to play guitar... I wonder how he places his hands to do some complicated chords.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Quote by Jehuty
One thing that wonders me from watching this video...is the way he plays. Sure, if no one around him could teach him how to play the guitar nor know how to hold one, like Jeff Healey...but the thing is. He can TAP. He either A. Reinvented tapping. B. Someone SHOWED HIM how to tap. But if someone showed him how to tap, why dont they show him how to properly the normal way?

He's either A. Kinda weird for playing like that but still knowing how to tap. or B. Not blind.

Hes blind but not deaf, people can still teach him things and he can still learn from others.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
My sister listens to a lot of Japanese rock, and that song has the soundings of one.

Doesn't matter if he's blind or not, I wish I could have HALF of his ability.
Quote by audiorapist
gah what a LP he has there. i think it may just be a composition of his own

thats an Aria Pro 2 PE90 made in japan, awesome guitars out of production in the 80s but abundant in japan. mahogany set neck with tappers on the buckers, Neal Schon of Journey endorsed them in the 80s. Im still on the lookout for one.
Why is it that every time an Asian picks up a guitar they shred our faces off, but most white people blow? Most black people play bass, so that doesn't count. But they do it better when they do, too. God damn, white people suck. I'm such a self-hater.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."