Page 1 of 3
Peace_4
177 IQ
This thread is for beatles fans like myself. Talk about your favourite songs post tabs whatever.
teenrocker
Rock Forever On
151 IQ
Im not a huge beatles fan. I really only liked their earlier stuff when they played gigs to small crowds and did crazy things. They were actually funnier than most people think. John played one show with a toilet seat around his head.

I find it annoying that most people only listen to their later stuff and decide that they were really boring and how on earth they could be considered 'rock and roll'. I think some of their earlier pieces should be played more often. They are far more entertaining than the stuff they produced sitting around in a recording studio.

One thing that I really like about the Beatles is the hard work they put in. We watched a video of them in music and it says when they went to Hamburg (Europe's Hollywood) they played for 7 hours an evening for two months! It shows how hard working and dedicated they were to their music.

I like pretty much all of their songs but don't really love any of them. If I had to pick a favourite it would be "Please Please Me".

Giggedy-gig
'Lovely' does NOT have guitar solos!

Monterey Stage Series Electric
Some bright orange Ashton acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 112
Variax 300
Peace_4
177 IQ
I agree to that their early stuff is really good up to above rubber soul then sort of deteriorated but they were still a great band the last 2 albums were pretty good though Abby Road and Let it Be.

I've seen early shows of theirs the were quite crazy i model my playing and guitar style after them sort of.
AdayTripper
Banned
374 IQ
Well of course most influental, and successfull band of all time. What can I say?
They were great. The early stuff is great compared to modern pop rock standards. The latter half is what defined them though. Incredible stuff. Abbey Road is my all time favorite album.
Marines Rock
21 IQ
Ya, I really like The Beatles too. Infact, I'm wearing a Beatles T- shirt right now! I also got a Beatles cd for a grad. present and I listen to it everyday. I totally agree with you ADayTripper. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
Quote by Peace_4
I've seen early shows of theirs the were quite crazy i model my playing and guitar style after them sort of.

If you think they were crazy, you've clearly never seen footage of a GWAR show.....
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
AssassinLoki090
:The God of Mischief:
125 IQ
The beatles are probably the best band out there. They played everything and had unmeasurable talent. Mostly because of the acid. But my favorite song by them is Maxwells Silver Hammer. Go listen to it if you've never heard it.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
AdayTripper
Banned
374 IQ
Quote by AssassinLoki090
The beatles are probably the best band out there. They played everything and had unmeasurable talent. Mostly because of the acid. But my favorite song by them is Maxwells Silver Hammer. Go listen to it if you've never heard it.

Or....Maybe because they were innovative, and were just great singers/songwriters.
kidsilcon
On offer 'till December
396 IQ
so Paul Mccartney apperently dead eh, i made a thread about that a while ago but there wasnt much people who wanted to talk about it, does anyone here
AdayTripper
Banned
374 IQ
Quote by kidsilcon
so Paul Mccartney apperently dead eh, i made a thread about that a while ago but there wasnt much people who wanted to talk about it, does anyone here

He is alive.
kidsilcon
On offer 'till December
396 IQ
yes of course but some youd be suprised by some people i received a reply from a website about this topic and they had this to say

" Yes, we really do believe he's dead. John put in clues but panicked when people got closer to the truth than they thought they would. John had to make out it was a joke, and misinformation was spread by Russ Gibb who misrepresented a lot of the clues which made it look like it was a hoax.

There was a death sentence on anyone giving the game away. Why do you think John Lennon was shot in the end? It was an assassination. His final album "Double Fantasy" really means "Fantasy of a Double" but Yoko hijacked the album from its original intention, which was to expose the impersonator who John liked to call Faul meaning False Paul."
AdayTripper
Banned
374 IQ
Quote by kidsilcon
yes of course but some youd be suprised by some people i received a reply from a website about this topic and they had this to say

" Yes, we really do believe he's dead. John put in clues but panicked when people got closer to the truth than they thought they would. John had to make out it was a joke, and misinformation was spread by Russ Gibb who misrepresented a lot of the clues which made it look like it was a hoax.

There was a death sentence on anyone giving the game away. Why do you think John Lennon was shot in the end? It was an assassination. His final album "Double Fantasy" really means "Fantasy of a Double" but Yoko hijacked the album from its original intention, which was to expose the impersonator who John liked to call Faul meaning False Paul."

Haha.
There are people who belive the world is flat too.
Jesse Mrau
148 IQ
Quote by kidsilcon
There was a death sentence on anyone giving the game away. Why do you think John Lennon was shot in the end?

I suppose that's why George died too? Whoever wrote that is full of shit.
I always thought it was a marketing campaign which maybe people buy the albums to look for clues.
Last edited by Jesse Mrau at Aug 4, 2006,
DarkGreedo25
87 IQ
The Beatles were probably the best band ever. They had great songwriting and wide variety. Anyone who disagree's proabably hasn't listened to their stuff. Very good band.
FreddieMercury
UG's #1 Queen Fan
252 IQ
let it be=one of the best songs ever made. for any one who likes a nice simple piano with some great lyrics this song is amazing
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Alander
A Douche
429 IQ
I'm like their earlier stuff, but not the very first albums, I talking about Help Rubber Soul and Revolver..i think the music lost something after sgt. peppers lonley hearts club band.
ridcullylives
UG's McCartney Defender
490 IQ
You don't like the White Album? Sure, there's a lot of weird **** on there, but there some great classics and some really underlooked songs (Yer Blues, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Sexy Sadie)
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
NineInchNails_0
Gentle Giant!
679 IQ
I love the Beatles. Favourite songs being A Day In The Life, Revolution, Revolution 1, Revolution 9, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I'm So Tired, Blackbird, Dear Prudence... I could go on forever.

Ringo Starr is the most humble person alive.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
SpringingOff
Wanna know what I think?
1,031 IQ
In my eyes, the only good thing Beatles EVER did was to make ''White Album''! It's much more 'rocky' and powerfull than their earlier stuff, and I enjoy listening to it every once in a while.. I plainly hate the rest of The Beatles' music.. It's waaaay to poppy and classic for me!
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Last edited by SpringingOff at Aug 4, 2006,
kidsilcon
On offer 'till December
396 IQ
couldnt say my favorite song because that would be too hard, has anyone got there favorite album, someone should do a poll about that.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
I've seen a few people say that they enjoy The Beatles earlier sound over their later sound, but to be quite honest, I find their early sound to be quite annoying.

Songs like Love Me Do, for instance, are to me, just trash.

Though I consider their "early" stuff only their first couple albums, anything included on and after A Hard Day's Night is awesome.

I felt like this was where they started to evolve more musically, and their talent and musical diversity was realized.
ridcullylives
UG's McCartney Defender
490 IQ
Love Me Do is a horrible song. I'm sure Paul would admit that. And there are some great covers on their first couple albums and some really good originals...it's just lacking the consistency that the stuff Hard Day's Night on would have.
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

Marines Rock
21 IQ
I like songs like Papaerback Writer, Yellow Submarine, Elenor Rigby, Lady Madonna and Let It Be. Those songs kick ass. Though, I must admit I'm quite fond of their earlier stuff too. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
ridcullylives
UG's McCartney Defender
490 IQ
I hope you ROCK ON as well, good sir.

There was an old thread about this, but...what do you think is George's best solo? I'd have to go with Something, Old Brown Shoe or Fixing a Hole...it's a tossup.

Quote by Zeus2716

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
jamming econo
1,398 IQ
Revolver is my favourite album. Modern Indie music owes so much to that album. By the way, I think John may have put a few hints in albums about Paul being dead - it seems like his sense of humour.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by ridcullylives

There was an old thread about this, but...what do you think is George's best solo? I'd have to go with Something, Old Brown Shoe or Fixing a Hole...it's a tossup.

Honestly, I love George's work on Let it Be - it just flows so smoothly and is so relaxing.
freewheelinbird
UG Addict
2,222 IQ
Quote by teenrocker
Im not a huge beatles fan. I really only liked their earlier stuff when they played gigs to small crowds and did crazy things. They were actually funnier than most people think. John played one show with a toilet seat around his head.

I find it annoying that most people only listen to their later stuff and decide that they were really boring and how on earth they could be considered 'rock and roll'. I think some of their earlier pieces should be played more often. They are far more entertaining than the stuff they produced sitting around in a recording studio.

One thing that I really like about the Beatles is the hard work they put in. We watched a video of them in music and it says when they went to Hamburg (Europe's Hollywood) they played for 7 hours an evening for two months! It shows how hard working and dedicated they were to their music.

I like pretty much all of their songs but don't really love any of them. If I had to pick a favourite it would be "Please Please Me".

Giggedy-gig

dude, i can't think of anybody who thinks the late 60s beatles are boring. i think everything they did was great, and they're weakest album was let it be, or maybe beatles for sale. two albums that kick ass anyways
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
alex_haeni
UG Board King
893 IQ
IMO, best beatles album ever=Hard day's night.
Every song is catchy, and it just all flows really well to me.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
icatchdinosaurs
talkin world war 3 blues
217 IQ
not a big fan of their early stuff,to poppy and adolecent...the beatles can really show you how far a band can go in 6 or 7 years.
Quote by wilty00
Twist and Shout makes me violent.
Marines Rock
21 IQ
Have any of you guys seen one of their movies? They are so bad its' funny! Those guys can't act worth a ****. There is also no plot to them either. Though the funny thing is when I rented it I watched it like 3 times. So bad yet so funny. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! (BTW, Im not Sir, Im Ma'm) Oh ya, the Beatles movie that I rented was Hard Days Night. If you can find it check it out.
groll01
You am i and i are great
463 IQ
Quote by ridcullylives

gotta be Something.....man that solo makes me cry
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Jesse Mrau
148 IQ
Quote by Marines Rock
Have any of you guys seen one of their movies? They are so bad its' funny! Those guys can't act worth a ****. There is also no plot to them either. Though the funny thing is when I rented it I watched it like 3 times. So bad yet so funny. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! (BTW, Im not Sir, Im Ma'm) Oh ya, the Beatles movie that I rented was Hard Days Night. If you can find it check it out.

I loved A Hard Days Night. I actually thought it was a very nice movie... and they didn't really have to act... they were playing themselves....
freewheelinbird
UG Addict
2,222 IQ
Quote by Marines Rock

actually they are pretty funny, and not because they suck. help was hilarious, hard days night was pretty funny, and yellow submarine was pretty good, though not actually starring the real beatles.

what you are confusing with suckiness is probably zaniness (in the case of help anyways)

and for the record, monty python were influenced by them, and george harrison has actually appeared in some of their stuff (the rutles anybody?)
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Marines Rock
21 IQ
Well anyway, I thought Hard Days Night was pretty funny. Does anyone else here like Monty Python too? BTW does anyone know the name of the episode with George in it? I would love to see an episode with George in it. Has anyone seen one of The Beatles play live before? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!
caffeinefreak5
Glass onion.
10 IQ
Starwberry fields FTW!!!

But seriously I love that song, by far one of my favorite songs of all time (not just The Beatles)
ELV1S
sirpsycho85
selfstyled voice o reason
858 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Honestly, I love George's work on Let it Be - it just flows so smoothly and is so relaxing.

really? see i think let it be is one of the biggest effups of a solo ever. not that it's bad, and i certainly don't know what to put in its place, but i just think the solo section (any version of it) is what brings the song down a lot in my book. it's not surprising that we disagree though, i love their early stuff loads (including love me do, although clearly there are a number of far better songs).

hmm, for my favorite george solo, perhaps Nowhere Man. He did do the lead on that right? Although, to be fair, the best beatles solo is still taxman.

Lol, about time i checked in on this thread. i mean there's a new beatles thread every week, but i can't resist.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
sirpsycho85
selfstyled voice o reason
858 IQ
Quote by SpringingOff
In my eyes, the only good thing Beatles EVER did was to make ''White Album''! It's much more 'rocky' and powerfull than their earlier stuff, and I enjoy listening to it every once in a while.. I plainly hate the rest of The Beatles' music.. It's waaaay to poppy and classic for me!

no no no no! a libertines fan who doesn't like the beatles. i feel torn up inside between my favorite band and my favorite new band.

also, adaytripper: do you hate moderators or who fans? or did i ruin what was a funny pun?
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Aug 6, 2006,
Marines Rock
21 IQ
Has anybody here seen Yellow Submarine? I havent seen that movie since I was like 5 or something. Has anyone seen Almost Famous? I borrowed that movie from my friend behind my moms back. I want to see it again sooo bad but mom wont let me no matter what I do . Can someone refresh me what these movies are about? Life can be a bitch some times ! I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!