Ever heard of them? Someone let me borrow theirs for a concert, i think it was a tube half stack. It sounded great, any suggestions on where to find one?
Quote by MastaBassist10
Run around the city jacking off in random places... and when you cum, jump out at people and yell "SURPRISE!" Then walk away calmly as if nothing had happened. That's what I would do, anyway.

Quote by Unofficial
Jackusaureles, You're now my favorite UGer.
they are amazing amps. The real good ones are no longer made, but if you google orange amps, scour ebay and other places, you might find a stack you like. They make tube amps now, but IMO they arent as good as the older ones.
Have heard good things, just not the amp you want if you play metal at all.

I play jazz metal if you can believe that, so it's very hard to find a good amp for that...

Active pickups and rectifiers sound shiite for jazz, and my poor jazz amp will die if I force the metal upon it.

Ah, but you don't need to hear all of my equipment problems. Go, ye, and findeth thineself an Orange!

Good choice!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

they r really good amps i just dont like the tone from the head the low ends way to mushy i got mine cab from west music
I know Black Sabbath was paid to use them in the Paranoid video, but that's as far as my knowledge goes on them. They must be good if they recorded Paranoid though.
Dickless.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Have heard good things, just not the amp you want if you play metal at all.

I play jazz metal if you can believe that, so it's very hard to find a good amp for that...

Active pickups and rectifiers sound shiite for jazz, and my poor jazz amp will die if I force the metal upon it.

Ah, but you don't need to hear all of my equipment problems. Go, ye, and findeth thineself an Orange!

Good choice!

im hear for you mate pinch harmonics, tapping, and sweep picking all for jazz improvisations
Quote by azn_guitarist25
im hear for you mate pinch harmonics, tapping, and sweep picking all for jazz improvisations

And other genres don't use these techniques?

Orange amps are great by the way. I wish they had a cheaper bass amp. The 50W head and cab sounds really good.
Quote by smb
And other genres don't use these techniques?

Orange amps are great by the way. I wish they had a cheaper bass amp. The 50W head and cab sounds really good.

well dont know really
Bull****....
you can play metal on these...
Thom Erak from the Fall of Troy
uses the 100 w head, with
4 Cabs...sounds fkg fab
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Periphery / Between the Buried and Me /
Ten After Two / Circa Survive /
Upon a Burning Body / / Bury Tomorrow /
Animals As Leaders / God Is An Astronaut

Proud member of the Seven String Legion.
1) Fall of Troy is not metal

and

2) You can use it for hardcore stuff (ex. Underoath and all that crap), but as for a true metal distortion, you might want to look elsewhere.
Avenged sevenfold swears by orange amps. They're "metal" and they've got great tone, I think.
I love orange amps. I've heard a lot of guitarists using them with varying styles, from dance to punk. They have a nice warm tone, and lovely thick sounding distortion. I'm thinking about getting one myself, but they don't seem to do combos above 30W which is what I want. Unless anyone has seen one?
A7X arent metal, they have heavy guitar playing, hell that'd make

Orange amps are good i hear, they make different amps called White amps just for the band towers of london
Yeah Orange are great look up Matamp too...very similar amps, i think they are from the same company
Man kills everything
Yes, The Fall of Troys Guitar does go into metal territory MANY times, Laces Out Dan is an excellant example
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Periphery / Between the Buried and Me /
Ten After Two / Circa Survive /
Upon a Burning Body / / Bury Tomorrow /
Animals As Leaders / God Is An Astronaut

Proud member of the Seven String Legion.