ok, so i just bought a new amp from guitarcenter and i got a letter saying with my next purchase of 15$ or more i can get a free pair of strings. for my electric all ive ever used is slinkys but since im getting these free im wanting a nicer pair, so whats a good pack of strings that is bendy and smooth but lasts a good while?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

just get 2 packs of slinkys
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
i bought a pair of super slinky earni balls, if you read on the back on the packge it stand so many namnes on popular groups and artist is it true?
that EVERYONE of them uses slinky?
hard to believe
D'addario's. I made the switch to them from Ernie Ball years ago for one reason, the airtight sealed wrapper the d'addario strings come in. Believe it or not, because Ernie Ball strings come in those little envelopes and are exposed to the air, a lot of their life is taken away from exposure to the air. By the time you put them on your guitar some rust could possibly already be forming, cutting their life by up to 15 or 20%. With D'addarios, you open the package, string your guitar, and you have truly brand new strings.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
They dont give you whatever strings you want. I already had this problem. They give you the cheapest set of D'Addarios. The cheapest priced strings they have there. Even if another string is the same price, you cant get it. Thats why Guitar Center sucks.
Quote by rockxwl
D'addario's. I made the switch to them from Ernie Ball years ago for one reason, the airtight sealed wrapper the d'addario strings come in. Believe it or not, because Ernie Ball strings come in those little envelopes and are exposed to the air, a lot of their life is taken away from exposure to the air. By the time you put them on your guitar some rust could possibly already be forming, cutting their life by up to 15 or 20%. With D'addarios, you open the package, string your guitar, and you have truly brand new strings.

very true
i bought abilene strings for my acoustic
they are like 13s and in an airtight package, awesome sounding.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
They dont give you whatever strings you want. I already had this problem. They give you the cheapest set of D'Addarios. The cheapest priced strings they have there. Even if another string is the same price, you cant get it. Thats why Guitar Center sucks.

really? well its still free strings
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

The Elixers are good, but I'm finding the DR coated strings to last a bit longer...the only problem is with their colored coatings, they tend to flake off and cover the guitar, but the strings won't rust even without the color coating.
Get D'addrios they are the most energy efficient strings on the market. All of the pakaging is recyclable, and the balls on the end are color coded so you dont get confused, as to which string is which. They are also pretty nice strings.