Don't think I've seen a thread on them. I just got 30 Degrees Everywhere, and it's straight off the dick, which is slang for 'awesome'. I think.

Any other records, side projects, etc. worth mentioning?
-Landon
How can straight off the dick be a good thing?
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Quote by Knife2aGunFight
How can straight off the dick be a good thing?

I don't know. Ask your mom.

I'm sorry .
-Landon
You should be that joke wasn't even close to being funny.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
i laughed...
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
yeah, lots of people know the promise ring.

i have nothing feels good, i've listened to it a handfull of times. i've never been a huge fan really.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Yeah they're a ohkay band.

Aren't they another Cap'n Jazz spin off band?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

i guess you could say that.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Quote by Vicious Sid
I don't know. Ask your mom.

Seriously though, never heard that expression before...

The Promise Ring were amazing, in my opinion they ended with their best work ('Wood/water'), but that's not to put any of the other albums down, they were all pretty damn good.

In relation to The Promise Ring, check out Vermont and Maritime. The Kinsellas got the cult status, but the rest of the Cap'n Jazz members were generally more consistent with their music in my opinion.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles

The Promise Ring were amazing, in my opinion they ended with their best work ('Wood/water'), but that's not to put any of the other albums down, they were all pretty damn good.

In relation to The Promise Ring, check out Vermont and Maritime. The Kinsellas got the cult status, but the rest of the Cap'n Jazz members were generally more consistent with their music in my opinion.

I've heard a couple tracks off W/W, and it sounds great.

I've been meaning to get into the whole mid-90's emo thing, but the sheer volume of bands from that era can get overwhelming. Every time I go to check out a band, I discover a few dozen groups that spawned from it. And of course, everyone's relatives were in on the scene, and by the time I find this out I've forgotten what band I meant to check in the first place .
-Landon
Ha, yeah completely, it was the time and place for band *****s.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I absolutely love this band. Listening to "red and blue jeans" while cruising down the highway at night alone is a great way to go.
I've got some stuff off of Nothing Feels Good.

ITs good stuff.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
The Promise Ring are great. I've never picked up an album, though; I just have a handful of legal mp3s. Also, you just can't deny their influence.
I have nothing feels good. Some songs I absolutely love and another handful are.. just.. okay.

Red and Blue jeans is the first song i heard by them and is still my favorite.

Quote by andrewbiles

who are in Vermont and Maritime? Never listened to them. Ever listen to Ghosts and Vodka? They are decent. Having Victor and Sam both on guitar is ridiculous.

speaking of cap'n jazz etc... i found the owls album used for 5 bucks the other day. I like it a lot.
^ They're both Davey von Bohlen bands. Maritime is a bit better than Vermont though (in my opinion).

Always listen to Ghosts and Vodka. Got both the CDs, a live set and the 7". Probably my favourite thing to've come out of Cap'n Jazz. Anything that Victor did seemed to turn to gold.

RateYourMusic
so managed to snag a copy of 'precious blood?' Smooth.

Speaking of smooth, Victor definitley is one smooth bastard.

Reading about Vermont and Maritime.

Vermont has members of Pele, which seems to spark my interest more immediatley.
The promise ring is awsome. I saw maitime when they first came out live. Not bad but not as good as the promise ring.

Kind of a side note, I was at a party last night and the apartment building next to it was called maritime appartments. Made me laugh. Because just a few blocks away is the Hawthorne Heights appartment building. I'm not into HH but that made me laugh too. I think bands just come to my town and pick out names of appartment buildings, at least thats the mental image I have.