Hey all,

wonder if you can help me I am looking for a pickup to pop in my Scchecter C-1+ but I want to put in replacement pickups; money is no obstacle.

But what I'm looking for is something with the rocking tones of the Gibson Studio 490R/498T pups but some nice warm clean tones would be nice too

Cheers for any help!
What kind of music do you play? I replaced my SG's pickups with Seymour Duncans. The SH4 and the SH2N. I love the versatility that they offer.
why dont you look into the Gibson 500t and 496r they are similar to the ones you listed but hotter
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
well im definitly not metal so really the 490/498 being at around 14/15V are in the right region.

I play allsorts but stuff but like bands like Guns, Slash beign my fave guitarist, Bush, 30 seconds from mars, AudioSlave,

Of the older stuff, AC/DC be faves with bit of Pink Floyd.

My amp is a Marshall AVT100 which I am dissappointed with to tell the truth and am looking at getting a DSL or TSL soon.
ya upgrade your amp but if you like older stuff get a JCM 900 instead does those tones better. and maybe look into the pickups slash used it should nail the tones your looking for
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
ya upgrade your amp but if you like older stuff get a JCM 900 instead does those tones better.

Well the older stuffs not my fave i just mentioned what i like BEST from years gone by as I know a lot of people like to use the older bands to guage tones when it comes to pickups.
is it true that Slash uses low output pups?

I know he prefers SDs that are alnico II et I don't understand how he can get them really fat rocking rythm tones with low output pups.