so i'm thinking of getting the peavey valveking head and running it through my 1x12 crate cab [yes, i've checked the impedance and wattage and it will work]

but if i'm probably going to be using pedals for my distortion, it would sound good, right?

or is there something completely wrong with this amp that i should know?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
It'd sound fine, but try it for yourself.

Go and try out the amp before you buy to see if you actually do like it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
well yeah, i wouldn't dream of buying something that expensive without playing it first
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
It should sound pretty good.

I own the Valveking 112, and the only problems I have with it, is the speaker, and the distortion channel. You may want to get new tubes, the stock ones are pretty bad.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
What you should do, is not to decide yet, and try the amp, so you're not biased towards it or anything, and try the amp's distortion, you might like it, otherwise it's a waste if you're just going to use the clean (not brilliant) when you can get a great clean amp to use od's/distortions with and so on, or an amp which you actually like the distortion on.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30