Hey everyone, I was wondering, is there a guitar for the similar price as the Ibanez RG1570, that has matching or better specs than the RG1570. I ask this because I want 24 frets, a floyd rose etc basically everything the RG1570 has, but I find the RG1570 to be really ugly! I don't want it to look cool so I can show off, but If i'm going to pay £450 for a guitar, I'm not going to want to look at it and think 'god..... its like the hunchback of Notre Dame's ugly sister......'

Thanks in advance.
Maybe the scehter c1 with OFR?
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
jackson dk2 anyday

theres a pic on www.putfile.com/gazthomas

its the translucent black one
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Marshall DFX 30 mg series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

member of the 'i cant spell yngwhey mhalmstreem club'

PM me to join
What about the trem on the dk2? isn't it supposed to be hit or miss whether you get a good one?
Quote by This_Kidd
What about the trem on the dk2? isn't it supposed to be hit or miss whether you get a good one?

well mines perfct thats just a myth

i tried loads of DK2s and as long as you find a sturdy one there a great buy

mines held up in live performances and barely goes out of tune after a show
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
Why does everyone suggest the RG1570 over the dk2? when the dk2 is £120 cheaper with exactly the same stuff? It is because of the 'wizard' neck being supposedly best? Anyone else have experience with the trem on a dk2? (Gazthomas, not that I don't believe you, I just wanna be certain its going to be reliable)
Quote by This_Kidd
Why does everyone suggest the RG1570 over the dk2? when the dk2 is £120 cheaper with exactly the same stuff? It is because of the 'wizard' neck being supposedly best? Anyone else have experience with the trem on a dk2? (Gazthomas, not that I don't believe you, I just wanna be certain its going to be reliable)

its ok

i paid something like £439??? for my DK2 lol
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
The trem on the DK2 has been updated, but it still sucks. You'd have to replace it with an OFR. Nothing beats a PRO EDGE trem though.
haha, if you guys have seen many of my anti-schecter posts and said i was wrong, look at the 2nd post to prove you all wrong, you all shout schecter even when theres no actually definition of the question, beat at what music?
if your on about metal, loads of guitars beat it
if your on about shred, again loads beat it
loads of guitars beat it and the schecter is also beaten, no idea on the DK2 though

also ESP custom shop or self built from warmoth
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=10964 - Jackson dk2 £329

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=7050 - Ibanez RG1570 £449

TTHX have you had experience with the trem on the dk2? What guitar would you suggest then with a decent trem (but not an RG1570) because gazthomas is an owner of the dk2, and you haven't backed up your statement with anything, so atm I'm trusting him.
Last edited by This_Kidd at Aug 4, 2006,
Punk Ninja, what would you suggest? the ESP MH-400? Or a different one, how does the MH-400 do against the RG1570 or the dk2?

Any more views on the trem of the dk2?

And btw Punk Ninja. I asked for a guitar with the same or better specs than the RG1570...... so It's really down to me whether the guitars they suggest would be suitable for the music I want to play..... and If I'm looking at a RG1570, I'm sure you can guess what music I want to play.
Last edited by This_Kidd at Aug 4, 2006,
I've played a Jackson trem, and its total crap. If you REALLY need a Jackson, look on ebay for the older (MIJ) Performer and Professional series with the Schaller-licensed trems. If you can't, find a Charvel Model series, Some Model 6's come with a very nice Schaller Trem (or a Kahler, even better) and also have all the flair that the DK2 offers.
I think you just have to face it, the RG is the best guitar for that money and what you want. Just get it and stop bitching, it probably looks a hell of a lot better than you.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Dudage........ you are pathetic. I nearly didn't even dignify that with a response. Wow seriously that was pathetic.
Well, it's made in Japan in a custom shop, has a fast Wizard neck, and Edge Pro trem and is extremely reliable. I'd be very surprised to see another guitar in that price range that will beat it.

The Schecter C1 Hellraiser is £450 and has EMGs but no trem. Dunno how much it is with a trem but I'm guessing £600 at least.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
ESP MH-400. Enough said.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by This_Kidd

mainly because the ibanez owns the jackson. better trem, better neck, all access neck joint, and comes with a case. Worse pickups, but they're easy to switch anyway, and thos Duncans that come stock on the Jackson aren't all that great anyway.

In my opinion. But it's cnoticeably better quality. Plus they're roughly the same price, the Ibanez is maybe £50 more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh, you might want to try a washburn x40pro as well. I still prefer the ibanez though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if you want the rg1570 then get it, i'm going to be buying the rg2570evsl and its the same thing just much more appealing to my eyes. It does cost a little bit more though.

and lol to dave's sig( i almost spat out my soda when i saw that)
I'd say the trem on dk2 isnt that reliable but not totally crap tho. I'd recommand 1570 over dk2 because you get a nice free hardshell case and dk2 gives you nothing but essential tools for your guitar. STUPID JACKSON WANTS TO CHARGE YOU $149 CDN OVER A CASE THAT WOULD FIT DK2, THATS JUST RIP OFF.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Would the RG2570evsl be a better choice than the RG1570 if I didn't plan on switching the pups on the guitar. Because people have said the pups on the RG1570 arent great, but the RG2570evsl has Dimarzio's so should be better. Still........ the RG2570evsl is £599 and the RG1570 is £449...... goddamn it!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
dude, i said ESP CUSTOM SHOP not mh-400,

your a funny man
Quote by flyingjew34
ESP MH-400. Enough said.
im pretty sure there was a MH-400 in that quote. also
Quote by This_Kidd
Hey everyone, I was wondering, is there a guitar for the similar price as the Ibanez RG1570, that has matching or better specs than the RG1570. I ask this because I want 24 frets, a floyd rose etc basically everything the RG1570 has, but I find the RG1570 to be really ugly! I don't want it to look cool so I can show off, but If i'm going to pay £450 for a guitar, I'm not going to want to look at it and think 'god..... its like the hunchback of Notre Dame's ugly sister......'

Thanks in advance.
he wanted similar price, like your going to get a ESP Custom for that cheap in your dreams
Quote by This_Kidd
Would the RG2570evsl be a better choice than the RG1570 if I didn't plan on switching the pups on the guitar. Because people have said the pups on the RG1570 arent great, but the RG2570evsl has Dimarzio's so should be better. Still........ the RG2570evsl is £599 and the RG1570 is £449...... goddamn it!

IMO, you'd be better off biting the bullet and changing the pickups. You can get a set of swineheads which'll own the dimarzios on the 2570, for about £120. leaving you £30 to get someone to fit them for you...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
or you could buy a soldering iron and do it yourself but run the risk of damaging your guitar while you do it
Quote by OneHappyCamper
Les Paul. Fuck off.

Quote by This_Kid
i ask this because I want 24 frets, a floyd rose etc basically everything the RG1570 has,

wanker.
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
I don't want to buy a guitar and then change the pups, because I see it as a waste of the old pups...... Also I still really don't like the look of the RG1570.. I wouldn't even mind if they did it in black or some other less miragey, less crap colour. Any chance Ibanez will release it in a better colour anytime in the near future? The RG2570evsl has a better colour, but its £150 more due to having dimarzio pups aswell. And I wouldn't really mind having the pups in the RG1570 and maybe replacing them after a year or something because it wouldn't seem like a waste then. So basically.... RG1570 rules EXCEPT the crappy colour!
After looking at that thread where the guy got his new RG1570, I've realised that in person, that guitar is sexy!!! So basically, the Ibanez RG1570 will be my next guitar!

One thing though, why do the pics on the ibanez site, on GAK and every other pic other than those posted in the aforementioned thread make it look so crap!
^ aye.

as for the colour, i think it's because photos can't really show it in detail well enough.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by flyingjew34
ESP MH-400. Enough said.

+1
(but if the m-1000 is in the same range, that destroys the RG....)
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Theres the RGT42DX. I am not sure about how good it really is, but when I was stupid and buying a guitar, I prefered the RGT42DX over the PG1570. Then I ended up getting the RG2570 and I think it is awesome. I have to say I think the RGT42DX looks pretty awesome (better than 2570), but I am not really sure if it sounds as good as the 1570.
Any ESP LTD -1000 series with a FR beats that guitar. It's WAAAAAY overrated.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
It's all preference. Someone who likes the feel of 570/1570 isn't going to take anything over it. There's just no reason. The only real disadvantage of the modern 1570 is the astonishing choice of two colours, which is why I prefer a 570. 1570 is underpriced for its quality.

Stock pickups? If I'm buying a Prestige guitar, I'll probably want to make it mine by putting in the pickups that I like. The cheaper are the stocks, the less I regret taking them out. Score one for Ibanez.

Wizard neck is a matter of taste, and people play it because it feels good, and not because it makes them play faster or anything silly like that. I don't understand these insinuations against Wizard users that they play them cos they're not man enough to play a fat chunky neck - come on, grow up. Wizard makes me enjoy my instrument, and I don't want an ESP or Schecter neck instead of it. Which means I'll pick 1570 over anything, as aside from colours it has no disadvantages.

Quote by This_Kidd
I'm pretty sure the RGT42DX doesn't have a trem.........

It has Edge Pro II, the FX model is a hardtail. Stay away from EPII.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
It's all preference. Someone who likes the feel of 570/1570 isn't going to take anything over it. There's just no reason. The only real disadvantage of the modern 1570 is the astonishing choice of two colours, which is why I prefer a 570. 1570 is underpriced for its quality.

Stock pickups? If I'm buying a Prestige guitar, I'll probably want to make it mine by putting in the pickups that I like. The cheaper are the stocks, the less I regret taking them out. Score one for Ibanez.

Wizard neck is a matter of taste, and people play it because it feels good, and not because it makes them play faster or anything silly like that. I don't understand these insinuations against Wizard users that they play them cos they're not man enough to play a fat chunky neck - come on, grow up. Wizard makes me enjoy my instrument, and I don't want an ESP or Schecter neck instead of it. Which means I'll pick 1570 over anything, as aside from colours it has no disadvantages.

Emphatic + fricken' 1 to that. The only reason I'm not buying an RG1570 is that I already have an MIJ rg470, which, when I get round to swapping the trem, is virtually the same guitar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?