im thinking of getting a carvin v3 half stack with vintage 30's. im just wondering though, if the cabinet is 400w, and the head is 100w does that mean it can get up to as loud as 400w throught the cabinet or is it limeted to 100w becasue of the head? im sorry for the noob question ive just never learned hwo this works. my question is, does the wattage for the head make any difference? or does it play as loud as the cabnets can handle with teh voume at 10? would you need a 400w head like the marshall mode four to use the cabinets to their full potential?
youve got it dead on. the setup your thinking of getting will produce 100 watts. the 400 watt cab just means that yes, it could handle up to a 400 watt head without damaging itself. the output of any stack setup solely depends on the head wattage.
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
Quote by nxtvanhalen
im thinking of getting a carvin v3 half stack with vintage 30's. im just wondering though, if the cabinet is 400w, and the head is 100w does that mean it can get up to as loud as 400w throught the cabinet or is it limeted to 100w becasue of the head? im sorry for the noob question ive just never learned hwo this works. my question is, does the wattage for the head make any difference? or does it play as loud as the cabnets can handle with teh voume at 10? would you need a 400w head like the marshall mode four to use the cabinets to their full potential?

Where are you located?
sweet, thanks that cleared up all my confusion! im guessing i dont need 400w anytime soon though...