I wrote this tune the other day, its my first acoustic composition in a half fingerstyle half strumming technique. all acoustic guitar played on my Takamine eg530sc, yamaha RBX bass and vst drums. recorded using the usual 15 quid condenser into behringer mic100 into cubase.

feel free to do crit for crit!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=342109

cheers

jamie
lol ^
right...crit, first of all i love the mood of the intro, it's neither happy or sad...i dont quite know what genre you're going for with the main rhythm riff, with an electric it could sound very acdc-ish, and played a little softer it could sound like mellow acoustic rock...would sound great with lyrics, but dumb lyrics, nothing too complex...just like 'driving down a road...' lyrics. strange crit i know. nice solo btw, nice and bluesy.
Intro reminded me a bit of No Rain by Blind Melon, which I love, so it's cool.

I like the light feel and the way it picks up too.

Much too repetitive, you definitely need to mix it up a bit more.

Breakdown with arpeggios was cool.

Blues lead was VERY cool.

It fit perfectly.

You should definitely get some singing on this though, it was a tad plain for an instrumental.

Nice work though and very nice recording quality.

Crit mine?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407668
nice peaceful chords i like it a lot, drums and acoustic sound beautiful, nice quality. the blues lead was ace, exactly what i expected, maybe a bit longer though? you defenitly need some singing, like said before, it is a tad bit plain for an instrumental
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Typing while listening.

Interesting intro. Boomy though. Watch the EQ.

Very catchy and has my head bobbin'.

Watch out when you hit the soundboard (the top) of your guitar... its not sounding good here. Its too dead sounding and "poppy" for this song. And I'm listening through some very nice studio monitors that are set flat so I hear everything just as you mixed it.