Does anyone know of a good beginner website to learn the guitar.

Just had a friend give me a brand new Guitar and I want to learn how to use it ASAP.

I'm just having a hard time finding good resources online that I understand.

Thanks
Holmes
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
dude, its a million times easier if you have a teacher sit down with you and show you how to do things for yourself than to read a bunch of articles about different techniques, as great as some of the articles on UG are, they are just not the same as a real person, learn a few chords, and a couple of really easy songs to get you started, and then hire a teacher
Quote by brandonian
dude, its a million times easier if you have a teacher sit down with you and show you how to do things for yourself than to read a bunch of articles about different techniques, as great as some of the articles on UG are, they are just not the same as a real person, learn a few chords, and a couple of really easy songs to get you started, and then hire a teacher

Fo'sho.

Guitar teachers are so much better than just learning off the internet. find a guitar shop near you and see if they give lessons.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Yeah, having a teacher to get you started is a lot easier.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
Learn the guitar by watch and learn is great it has quick time videos to help you see and hear what things should sound like the guys name is Peter Vogle and it will help in the right direction.

www.freeguitarvideos.com
and teachers are great if you can afford one but for those of us that can't the internet is the best place to go if we don't have a friend that's been playing for years that's willing to sit and damage their ear drums with some bad fretting
Honestly, I have to disagree with a lot of you here. When you first start with guitar, you will find it boring if all you do are finger and picking excercises. The best thing to do when starting guitar is find some tabs of songs that you like that arent that hard (you are kinda screwed if all you listen to is death metal, though), and do your best to play them. Eventually your fingers will get stronger, your picking will improve, and you will actually feel like you are accomplishing something. Then id say hire a teacher, because at that point, you have at least developed an interest in guitar that you can turn to in case you get fustrated with lessons and stuff and just wanna have some fun, then go back to the lessons again after you remember why you are doing them in the first place, to get better at those songs that you can play.