How do you do it because the spring has too much tension and I can't stretch with my hand to get it in place. How do I do this?
u detune the strings, pull up on the trem bar and slip on the springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
are you talking bout the springs in the tremelo cavity? that connect to the claw?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I dont know its the tremolo springs that you find inside the body that you can access on the opposite that you strum
ok that would be the tremelo cavity, so ure saying ure having trouble reaching the spring from the claw the the bridge?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I dont know what the technical name its to help keep the strings in tune better. Yes thats what Im having trouble with
Quote by tarheelfan2
I dont know what the technical name its to help keep the strings in tune better. Yes thats what Im having trouble with

Yes, it would help that. What kind of guitar do you have?
Loosten the claw that screws into the trem cavity.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.

just pull up on the trem and u should be able to after u detune a bit. worst case, u can loosen the two screws in there like pink said, but make sure u retighten and adjust for the additional spring tension.

if u have 3 springs in there now makes sure they are in a "V" shape.
if u need 4, then put them at opposit ends.
5 is really tight probably overkill.

u adjust with springs And the screws, to get the bridge level.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I don't detune at all, I just use a pair of pliers to grab them and pull then on. Start with the claw end and then pull them unto the block.

Edit: Actually, I have my bridge flat against the body, so detuning wouldn't help me anyway.
These go to eleven...
I don't detune at all, I just use a pair of pliers to grab them and pull then on. Start with the claw end and then pull them unto the block.

i do that to