well im getting rid of my digitech rp200a because the effects in iit sound terrible. But the only way i can replace it is by getting 3 other pedals. i need a delay, phaser, and a chorus pedal. and my budget is 200$. i was thinking about buying a MXR EVH phaser new and a boss dd-3 used on ebay, or vise versa. but i also need a chorus pedal. does anyone know a GOOD chorus pedal i could get for fairly cheap(If New) or it can be fairly expensive but ill have to get it off ebay. also is the MXR EVH phaser good? is it better then the phase 90?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker
well im getting rid of my digitech rp200a because the effects in iit sound terrible. But the only way i can replace it is by getting 3 other pedals. i need a delay, phaser, and a chorus pedal. and my budget is 200$. i was thinking about buying a MXR EVH phaser new and a boss dd-3 used on ebay, or vise versa. but i also need a chorus pedal. does anyone know a GOOD chorus pedal i could get for fairly cheap(If New) or it can be fairly expensive but ill have to get it off ebay. also is the MXR EVH phaser good? is it better then the phase 90?

Ebay:
MXR Phaser
Boss DD-3
Boss Ch-5

Should get these for around 200.00
The EVH Phaser is based off the Phase 90 MXR, so I'd go with the Phase 90 myself, being that it's half the cost of the EVH model. Boss makes great Chorus and Delay pedals. you can get a lot of audio sample on their website too to decide what you want. www.bossus.com
^yeah. its just the EVH has the script button. How much does that effect the sound of pedal?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker
^yeah. its just the EVH has the script button. How much does that effect the sound of pedal?

My brother has that pedal and I can't really tell the difference when the button is on or off.
dont get the EVH Phaser, the Phaser 90 is the same exact thing but the EVH has an EVH paintjob, and get an Electro Harmonix Small Clone on Ebay or something (80 new)
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i like the 100 has more "phase" to it (i dont know how else to explain it) but i prefer the 90.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
ok well im buying it of musicians friend. the phase 90 new and the dd-3 new. but the waranty cost abit. do i need the mf warranty. dont boss pedals already have a 5 year warranty? what about the phase 90?
yeah dont get the evh phaser phase 90 is just as good and less money
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
the evh phase 90 just has the script mod. really not worth it IMO, but then again some people like to have the versitality. its supposed to be very easy to mod a regular phase 90 to get the script phase 90 sound. easy like you cut one thing inside of it. of course you cant go back if you cut it, which is why the evh lets you switch between the two. in a difference between $70 and $120, it really isnt worth the extra $50. but hey, try it out and you decide if its worth it to be able to switch.

i seem to remember i liked that chorus better than the other boss one when i tried out pedals recently. so if that delay works for you, then that package should be good. then i would get the phase 90 and you will hopefully still be under your limit.