Page 1 of 3
i dont know bout you, but if a songs intro is over a minute long, i begin loose interest!
like revolution is my name's intro just seems to be uneeded!
my gear:
zack wylde les paul custom
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

"no one you can tell, for youve been raptured to hell"
-me
Glass Prison - Dream Theater... awesome intro and its pretty long too. How do you feel about intrumentals?

[edit]
The vocals in The Glass Prison dont come in until after the 3 minute point
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Last edited by thrashster at Aug 4, 2006,
Quote by thrash-a-rash
i dont know bout you, but if a songs intro is over a minute long, i begin loose interest!
like revolution is my name's intro just seems to be uneeded!

if you think pantera is long, you have a short attention span.

Dream Theater, Opeth are the way to go.
i love a good instrumental, but i do admit, i am ADD when it comes to attention span on long songs!
my gear:
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

-me
The Moor

doesn't anyone notice the intro is just the what, 6 ebow notes all eerie for the first 1:50?

damn good intro though, i got into it

Quote by Alexander_BR
1776 iced earth, i hope this counts, its a instrumental song, but it goes on with this same riff over and over again that i cant stand

what's your buddy icon from? i think i've seen those girls before...
-Mike
^You're sure you have the song that's 11:28 seconds long right? with the ebow in the beginning right? because I didn't think anyone else but me could take that 2 minutes of nothingness before the song even starts :p
-Mike
DT and Opeth have some pretty long intros.

*Hint to threadstarter*---Avoid Doom metal
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Quote by HopePoisoned
^You're sure you have the song that's 11:28 seconds long right? with the ebow in the beginning right? because I didn't think anyone else but me could take that 2 minutes of nothingness before the song even starts :p

Theres a different version? I just have the one on the Still Life album

edit: Theres like some really quiet sound for a while, and then some acoustic guitar, and then the distortion comes in
That Akercocke one, the first from Choronzon. Funny, but long. Also all of Mortician; 2 minute long songs with 1 minute intros.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
King Crimson - Starless.

Listen to that, THEN you can come here and say you don't like long intros, because that is one of the best intros ever IMO.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Quote by GiantRaven
Theres a different version? I just have the one on the Still Life album

edit: Theres like some really quiet sound for a while, and then some acoustic guitar, and then the distortion comes in

turn up the volume on the "quiet sound" - it's ebow for 1 minute and 50 seconds before the accoustic guitar comes in, then comes the distorted riff with the whole band playing
-Mike
Quote by HopePoisoned
The Moor

doesn't anyone notice the intro is just the what, 6 ebow notes all eerie for the first 1:50?

damn good intro though, i got into it

what's your buddy icon from? i think i've seen those girls before...

carmen elektra aerobics video
Quote by Alexander_BR
carmen elektra aerobics video

HAHAHAHAHAHA

anyways back to the subject:

seasons in the abyss has a long intro i guess, but heres the thing, i love long intros, it builds up soo well after, expecally in Revolution Is My Name, **** i love that song
Do Unto Others As They Have Done To You,
But What The Hell Is This World Coming To?
Blow The Universe Into Nothingness,
Nuclear Warfare Shall Lay Us To Rest!

METALLICA - FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE
Quote by chemicalsolutio
Symphony X - The Odyssey has a cool orchestral/Walt Disney intro.

oh and thrash-a-rash...cool username.

thanx!
my gear:
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

-me
Quote by lars_bonham
HAHAHAHAHAHA

anyways back to the subject:

seasons in the abyss has a long intro i guess, but heres the thing, i love long intros, it builds up soo well after, expecally in Revolution Is My Name, **** i love that song

you laugh but that wasn't even part of the thread, he was just answering my question

-Mike
Draconian - Death, Come Near Me

3:00 intro before the verse comes in, I think it's one of the longer ones I've heard.
Symphony X & Adagio anyone?

Progressive music must the thread starter's bane!

Anyways, yeah Dream Theater has those "rediculously long" intros too, personally I think it kinda sets up the mood for the song & kinda helps develop it too

Makes some songs a little more interesting imo as well

I guess it's just a matter of taste...
Eh, I like Adagio, yet never noticed anything weird.

Of course I don't listen to music the way most do, I just listen to whole albums through and really let it take me in, so long ambient sections don't bore me, rather fascinate. So I guess this thread really is sorta hard for me, (all I could think of was The Moor, although I now see tons more in Dream Theater, etc.).
-Mike
Quote by AzureNight
That Akercocke one, the first from Choronzon. Funny, but long. Also all of Mortician; 2 minute long songs with 1 minute intros.

It's called Praise the Name of Satan. I don't care for the intro but it's their best song imo(that I've heard).

Quote by chemicalsolutio
Symphony X - The Odyssey has a cool orchestral/Walt Disney intro.

I find that intro to be very Star Warsy.

The best long intro is from Vaders 'Silent Empire'. It just makes the song even better.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
my dying bride - the dreadful has a sortve long intro, my mate got bored of it and never heard the true awesomeness of the song
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Yeah , I get kinda annoyed when a song has a long intro. but i skip the intro and go to the main song to listen to it :P .

Long intro song which is awesome - damage inc - metallica
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by jakemac
I know they are metalcore but Trivium- My Hatred is pretty longish intro.

If you have read the sticky (the rules) you would have realised that it sais by unfathomable_bo : I'd like to add that in the more topical threads we have a lot of "I know its not metal, but xxxx is really cool!"

Don't do this. If its not metal, don't post it in the METAL forum, doing so is usually a one way ticket to a sore bum.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by jakemac
oh i didnt know ive never really been on the forums before.

At least you know they aren't metal.

For those who love killer intros, The Divine Wings of Tragedy by Symphony X is your friend.
Testament- Disciples Of The Watch

Long ass intro, but great song regardless.
High 'Til I Die
disciples of the watch. OBEY!!!
my gear:
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

-me
Quote by jakemac
oh i didnt know ive never really been on the forums before.

Well stop posting about Trivium here! Second thread I've seen you in just posting about Trivium, I mean, the sticky says right on it "If you're thinking about posting about bands like Trivium...", couldn't get much more clear.
-Mike
I love the long intro to Disciples of the Watch.
As well as...
Alison Hell by Annihilator
Apocalyptic City by Testament
Alone in the Dark by Testament
Burnt Offerings by Testament
Over The Wall by Testament(Meh, like 40 seconds. :P)
The Oddyssey by Symphony X
Inferno by Symphony X
Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer
213 by Slayer
No Truth by Atheist
Revolution Is My Name by Pantera
User-Maat-Re by Nile
Von Ausoijaosij;aosnf;lnzxdf;lk!! by Nile
Tommorow Turns into Yesterday by Nevermore

...and I could go on.
Quote by HopePoisoned
Well stop posting about Trivium here! Second thread I've seen you in just posting about Trivium, I mean, the sticky says right on it "If you're thinking about posting about bands like Trivium...", couldn't get much more clear.

yeah but i clearly stated that i haven;t been on forums before so i didnt know there were rules. so stop complaining just cos i ****ed up.
Ignorance isn't applicable here. This isn't like where you don't know the laws becuase you don't have the police handbook. You have all the rules right at the top of the page, you just have to open your eyes a little.

Page 1 of 3